NCAA Investigation into Miami Program

Discussion in 'Sports' started by countvolcula, Aug 16, 2011.

1. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Why bring Saban into this?

I had no idea he was Jewish

2. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

How smart does Marcus Jackson and Byron Moore feel this morning?

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

They feel as smart as Seantrel Henderson feels dumb.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That, plus the fact that the mid-90s scandal and the majority of this happened under the same AD and the amount of $$$$$ involved that can be traced, is exactly why I think the AA is going to brign the death penalty or bring them within an inch of it.

5. TXA&M07

TXA&M07 New Member

If I hear "death penalty" one more time, I swear...

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

death penalty imo

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

feldman's book not mentioning any of this is rather large ommision.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or use cash money

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yup. this is a fail of miami really. this is what texas does. they monitor the shit out of boosters for major crap, but give them enough access for easy golden handshakes. and frankly what's better than cash?

10. TXA&M07

TXA&M07 New Member

This can all be done everywhere by going through channels and back alleys. ThUg allowed this guy repeated access and turned the other cheek. It was out in the open. This is not 1981 in Dallas Texas anymore. This is the information age and you just gotta be careful how you conduct yourself. They may get torched, but its not like they were real bright about going about this business.

Oh and clearly homeboy is one scorned sob.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Every school in the country does this to some extent.

And there's nothing better than cash

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Did you read any of Shapiro's little accounts of what went down?

He claims that several of those players were his "good buddies" and they "hung out a lot".

Guy got used for his yacht and for his money.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

15. Andre Debose at Florida too. He was a top 25 recruit coming out of HS.

16. TXA&M07

TXA&M07 New Member

Shapiro comes off as the Junior in high school who was destined to be "JV for life" so he quit prior to the start of two-a-days his senior year because "Coach was a [penis]". Then he grows up, turns criminal and re-lives his glory days vicariously through ThUg athletics. I'd be sad for him, but dude was rollin pretty large for a long time.

That and he's a felon.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's also an extremely stupid mother[uck fay]er if he thought those athletes gave a damn about him personally.

18. TXA&M07

TXA&M07 New Member

Most criminals are.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

guy's trash definetely. but i bet you anything if we were around miami's program we woudl have smelled him a million miles away. giving him this kind of access is implicit approval.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Oh no doubt.

It's like Carrol and his staff claiming ignorance while letting agents and runners come to practice. What the hell did you think was going to happen?

It starts off with worthless pieces of shit like Shapiro wanting to buy approval. They take advantage of college guys that don't have a whole lot. Coaches and ADs turn a blind eye because it draws in elite prospects. Then, the AA gets involved.

I'm not saying the athletes were okay to do what they did, but I would have an extremely hard time turning down free drinks, boat parties and the like at the age of 20.