NCAA Investigation into Miami Program

Discussion in 'Sports' started by countvolcula, Aug 16, 2011.

1. TXA&M07

TXA&M07 New Member

Completely agree. They knew damn well what was up. It may be clear why there has been so much jumping ship (on and off) down there. As far as them being repeat offenders, whats the statute? Does it go back just a decade, or what?

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I believe repeat violators is supposed to refer to teams already on probation.

3. TXA&M07

TXA&M07 New Member

they get the torch then? What are we talking here? Done for 1 year completely? No Bowl for 2? Cut in recruiting? How far will they go?

4. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

How many times has Jimbo choked it to ESPN this morning. Cat bird seat.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no chance in hell i'd turn that down. it is the coaching staffs job to put the fear of god in them though.

they are still on probation for that academic fraud thing.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

How many times has Golden contemplated getting Paterno offed so he can get a new job?

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'll be extremely interested to see what the AA does.

They hit USC hard and this is literally 71 times worse.

8. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Can't help but feel sorry for Golden, even if he is a [penis].

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I have no doubt he'll find another job easily.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the ncaa pres was Miami's AD. if you read his press release for SC they really have no choice but to go with minimum 4 year bowl ban and massive scholorship reductions. not sure the U will ever be the same. can't say i'm crying though.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree about the sanctions.

The U will eventually be back but it may take 20 years to do it.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Justin, you heard anything about Auburn lately? There still a chance they'll get in trouble, or will they escape like OSU?

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

"It's ongoing" is the company line.

Chizik didn't make life any easier on himself or Auburn calling out the investigators like he did.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i don't think the ncaa has a choice with auburn. it's rather obvious they deserve some sort of sanctions even if it's unprovable.

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

They still need to have something. How could they justify clearing Cam Newton and then punishing Auburn without finding anything?

Also, anyone heard anything about Chip Kelly and Oregon lately? It seems like so much crap is going on to keep track of it.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The old "new evidence has been presented" trick

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

outside of SC inviting agents in they didn't have that much actual evidence. all they need is to believe something happened.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/inde...s_traffic.html

My favorite part:

- "We smoked it all," is Harris' response when officer Ray Stallsworth asks about the smell of marijuana drifting from the car.

kelly will get fired eventually. mark my word. not only is he a win at all costs guy. he's stupid.

18. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

apparently some guy is going on finebaum that will detail the newton payoff?

20. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Now?