Obama on Foreign Investment in the US

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kptvol, Nov 14, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are several entities in those places that are making medical advances that would be illegal here.

2. volinbham

volinbham Member

I've never heard it called a "boom".

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Stem cells give you explosive diarrhea.

4. volinbham

volinbham Member

Possibly. I just don't recall reading about the huge revenues/market for stem cells that is exploding right now.

5. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

seems like I've also heard, or read, that adult stem cells have shown to be just as promising as embryonic

6. volinbham

volinbham Member

they ain't booming though

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I dunno. It's an avenue worth exploring and we definitely would be behind the curve if it turns out to lead to major medical breakthroughs. As you've indicated, though, I don't think it'd be helping our economy out a whole lot at the present.

8. volinbham

volinbham Member

Sure there is potential - I just haven't seen any indication that it has been realized or is close to realization - and nothing suggesting there is some economic boom going on that we are missing.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think the potential was pretty well overblown in an effort to get more research legalized.

10. volinbham

volinbham Member

that's why I posed the original question - stem cell research has very little if anything to do with direct foreign investment in the US and/or other parts of the world having a better business climate.