Official Predict Tennessee's Final Record 2016 Edition

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Jun 29, 2016.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

List who the losses are to.

I'm going 9-3 with losses to Bama, A&M, and UGA. Those are listed in order of most to least likely losses.

I think we finally get UF this year, but I've said that for 3 years in a row also...

There's no automatic losses anymore, but I just dont think we're able to beat Bama from a coaching perspective, I think A&M being at their place will be a tough one to come out with, and UGA is one we should probably win, but I could see that being one that Butch lets slip away.

Fire away!

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I think we beat Bama.

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

11-1. That is all. It doesn't matter who the loss is to so long as it's only one.

9-3 and 11-1 is the difference between Big Orange Beech and Big Orange Balls!!

5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

My MAN!!

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Should: 11-1

Will: 9-3 losses to Florida bama and aTM

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

8. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

11-1 loss to UGA. They will have a lot more energy this year under Smart so it'll be a tough environment. Let down game after finally beating UF

9. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

freshman qb though...

10. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

11-1 on the reg.

We go to the SEC championship game and redeem our earlier loss to Bama, which takes us to 12-1. We then lose to Stanford in the first round of the CFBPlayoffs despite being solid six point favorites.

We're bitter about the loss and the crap from our SEC brethren that flows therefrom, but deep deep down in places we don't talk about at parties, we're all happier than an entire Oscar Mayer factory's worth of pigs in a massive, sloppy field of mud with the fact that we're nationally relevant again.

True entitlement is a process. As a fanbase, we're not quite there yet.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Butch beating Saban in a championship game seems to be one of the least likely things that could possibly occur in 2016.

12. kidbourbon

Good thing then that it isn't a prizefight or a tennis match. I hope that this fact gives you peace.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'll remember that the next time Butch kicks a fourth quarter field goal from the two inch line and we lose by one.

14. kidbourbon

I"m not going to defend Butch on that, or really even at all, but I will note that you appear to be -- in your post two posts above -- assigning wins credit to Saban's chops as a gameplanner when they are certainly more aptly assigned to "having the best players every. single. year." Moreover, the lion's share of any such game planning and prep energy is on the offensive side, which Saban simply delegates to somebody else. And all of this is consistent with him being a merely average NFL coach.

So, yeah, not putting Butch on anything resembling a pedestal here, but I just think that, as a general matter, Nick Saban should be given credit for what he is clearly great at, but not necessarily given credit for having a 15 inch penis.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

We lose to Bama and Florida outright. We lose one more being 6 points down, defense makes a big boy fourth quarter stop. Offense drives to the opponent's 40, with 2 minutes to play, 4th and 1, Botch punts. Post game interview Botch explains that the defense just made a big stop, offense stalled out, didn't want to take the chance of turning the ball over on downs, so he punts, puts it in the defense hand to make another big stop. Shoop walks in and punches Botch right in his c0cksucker on national tv.

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

12-0 guaranteed.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

So, what do you think defensive coaches do?

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'll say 10-2, lose to Alabama and South Carolina in the regular season.

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

10-2. Losses to Bama and UGA.