Opening line Alabama -27½, second largest in UT history.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by SavageOrangeJug, Oct 16, 2011.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Someone asked me who I wanted to win the FL-Auburn game this past weekend and I told them the same about Jordan-Hare.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Lightning striking the field would work for me

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Yes, that is the best thing about sucking.

No...wait...it isn't.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can you add a troll to my first post to make it a trifecta, Tenny D? Thanks in advance.

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I see this game being similar to LSU last week except for the score. Hopefully they're telling Simms to make his progressions, find the open man, and learn from his mistakes in forcing the ball last week. There's obviously potential for Bama to make this ugly quick, but I think when the dust settles Bama wins by 17 or so. Our depth and size will once again come into play late in the game. In addition to the OL changes this week, I heard somewhere that they were also making changes in the secondary. Moving Prentiss to CB and Randolph to safety. Anyone else hear that?

6. cotton

There is an excellent way to test your convictions about the above thought and, if correct, make lots and lots of money. There is, of course, a downside if you are wrong.

7. cotton

Bodog now has it at 30.5.

We are making history.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I really hope I'm wrong, but I think the spread is reasonable. Flag me a troll all you want Tenny D. I hope I'm wrong. But if I'm not, that makes you the asshole for the record.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It did me too.

Hopefully his first read is to Rivera and the Bama D leaves a huge void in the middle when they blitz.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Unfortunately, Bama doesn't wait to make adjustments until the 4th quarter like we seem to.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Remember Tauren's big run from last year?

Bama blitzed half the defense (literally) from one side. Chaney called a run play directly at it and Poole had no one around him after the first 2 yards. I don't think Bama ran that blitz the rest of the game.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I didn't say he would do it....just stating that if I noticed it surely the coaching staff noticed it. Maybe some quick 3 step drops would help with the occasional stretch play?

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm having a hard time imagining a scenario where Bama doesn't cover the spread. It's gonna be an ass kicking of epic proportions, unfortunately.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

For that comment utv# and being a seinfeld fan, I give you your first troll. You're welcome and welcome aboard. :)

15. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Plus one, as much as oe hates to admit it

16. cotton

Bodog now has this game @ 31

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Where did the chat go?