OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah they’re persimmon. I have about 7 of them with various lofts, all made by Northwestern, all probably from the 70s as well.

The iron set is 3-P and they’re Spaulding blades. I don’t know how anybody can hit them.

I have a couple 2 irons, one in Dunlop and one is McGreggor. I can hit only these about 150, 2 feet off the ground.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Remember the Alamo today, folks.

And if TT isn't walking around in a coonskin cap everywhere he goes today, we need to disown him.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I figured you guys already had.

I may head over today and see if I can find this basement I’ve heard so much about.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Couple restaurant owners I know are taking wings off the menu due to wing inflation.
    I always felt there was no way we wouldn't run out of chickens one day. Just read the cost per pound is way up and inventory is lowest its been in a decade

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Wings are overrated tbh. I mean I like them but they’re overrated

6. Ssmiff

Depends on toughness, wetness, flavor and size.
    Been air frying precooked wings from Kroger, adding my own spices and they shan't be overrated

InVolNerable, IP and cpninja like this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My kids love them and they're easy, so I eat a lot of them

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why did you think there was no way we could run out of chickens one day? Not [uck fay]ing with you, just curious. I always wonder how the hell we keep all this "just in time" stuff going as well as we do.

9. Ssmiff

I said I have always felt no way we wouldn't run out. Did a count of places to get chicken within a 10 mile radius of my home a few years back, then thought about every tiny city, gas station, store, fast food, restaurant, state, country and continent. Mind boggling to me there are enough chickens just to cover Japan and china

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We’re not running out of chickens.

demand for wings went up due to bars having to add food items to stay open to meet COVID regulations and air fryers making it easier for people to cook them at home.

I think as a society we have our thoughts on chicken and beef backwards but the CornishX is easy to ramp up on production because it only takes 6 weeks to have one market ready.

Corn and soybean availability and price would be the biggest hindrance on production chicken

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

This is why I only order buffalo wings. More sustainable.

NorrisAlan and InVolNerable like this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Right, me too. The amount of chicken we are all eating... wowzers.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

But the fact that we can have big shifts in demand, and usually it gets covered is what I am awed by. And then every once in awhile something falls woefully short. Usually not a staple, though.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I long for the day we run out of mayonnaise, sour cream, and guacamole

15. Ssmiff

Agree on first 2. Guac can be refreshing. Mayo is the nastiest thing ever.

16. Ssmiff

Peter Pan and Dumbo removed from disney+ for negative depictions. Lunatics are taking over

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Were you planning on watching them? Ever?

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Disney Vault strikes again SMH

fl0at_ likes this.
  19. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I enjoyed Peter Pan with my kids. I’ve never been a fan of Dumbo though.

justingroves likes this.
  20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Whatever will we do without these movies from the 1950s!?!?

Why I guess we will just have to watch newer versions of each one...

...or we will just have to get our mom and dad to play them for us since adults on Disney+ will still have access to these movies.