Palardy and the running game...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Sep 10, 2012.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

My observations from Saturday-

1. Micheal Palardy is the absolute worst kicker in D-1A football. Georgia State's kicker was 1,000 times better.

2. The Chaney passive run calling is going to absolutely kill us at some point this season. On running plays, the OL should be initiating the contact. Run and pass blocking are different in nature, and Chaney doesn't have the first damn clue about this.

3. Defense will give up some big plays this year for sure, but overall, I am impressed with Sal.

4. Tyler Bray is a star. there is no denying this anymore. Justin Hunter appeared more comfortable with route running this week. Cordarelle has a gear that most don't have.

5. Odds that Quenshawn Watson takes meaningful carries at Running back this year? High, imo.

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Overall, I was disappointed with the team for not running the damn football.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I still wanna see Bray do it against a good defense.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He has. South Carolina 2010

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Palardy had so much hype it was ridiculous.

6. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Penn St's kicker agrees on #1.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I still think there's probably worse kickers out there than Palardy. That doesn't mean I trust him as far as I can throw Daniel McCullers.

Was listening to Ainge on the way to work. He was blaming the play-calling, which I tend to agree with. He was talking about how much we run out of shotgun with linemen standing up, and that's just difficult for them when you're also compounding the problem by running slow developing plays. I've thought thru both games the run had looked much better when we line it up in the I.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That shows me that he CAN do it against good teams. I want to see him stay consistent against good teams. He hasn't played enough of them to show that he can.

9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Other than a couple forced throws, I thought he played good against UF. Especially after I watched the offensive plays again.

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The UGA game will be his first chance this season.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Their defense appears to be pretty dang good. They ate Mizzou up late in that game.

12. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

? UF has a great defense. Good front 4 - LBs could be better - but front 4 and secondary have tons of talent.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

They sound like they are pretty banged up. And to be honest, they aren't THAT good.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They are fantastic athletes, better than NCSU and GSU combined

15. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Talent wise - their defensive line is the best we will face all year including Alabama. Looks like Jenkins is officially ruled out for the game so that's a big blow to their LBs. Their secondary is very talented but idk if I'd say it was more talented than Alabama's.

I'm most worried about containing Driskell because we even let Glennon run wide open for some big gains against us - and their RB has been very good so far.

16. NashVol

NashVol New Member

CB Cody Riggs is also supposedly out for the game. Their coverage, particularly over the middle with their LBs out (where they were already weakest) has taken a hit.

You're right about their DL though - UT must be aggressive at the LOS in order to run. Its going to be a test

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Hopefully they can get rid of this slow-developing shotgun run crap

18. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I see us using Patterson alot. That kid is quick.