Penn State's Roster

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jul 22, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Going with the assumption that players will be allowed to transfer after the ncaa has their presser in the morning, and that we still have some room, is there anyone that would help us out?

2. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

How many spots would we have open?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems like they always have an All-American linebacker.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

3 I believe

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I would say there is a decent chance that Sal has some relationships with PSU players - particularly some LBs. Didn't he recruit the mid-Atlantic pretty heavily for Alabama?

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That is his stomping grounds

7. CardinalVol

Here's hoping we have a plane ready to go at 9:01 tomorrow.

8. tripper

tripper Member

Out of their 2013 class, I know we recruited DE Garrett Sickels and Christain Hackenberg pretty hard. Although, I don't think we take another QB. We also offered TE Adam Breneman along with everyone else in he country.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Dang Card, you're more Machiavellian than I thought.

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

We need good line backers in the worst way possible.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Love this thread. "Gee, you think there are any players at Linebacker U that could help us out?" I just love even thinking about that. Hope we snag one.

Btw, when I first saw the title "Penn State's Roster," the first thing I thought was "can really take a d i c k." Is that wrong? Is that bad that I thought that?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Machiavelli would have been one of the greatest CFB coaches of all time, imo.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

His specialty would have been the misdirection, imo.

14. TennTradition

So, since they aren't getting the death penalty - only last year's class would be eligible to look around, no?

We only got Malik because they released him, right?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

That depends. This is all unprecedented. They may let anyone walk.

16. TennTradition

True. They are clearly set on screwing them over. That would be a big step toward it.

17. CardinalVol

Hey, it's essentially being treated as a given that it's going to happen. Might as well be proactive in how we approach it.

I would not be shocked if Penn State football was declared a non-scholarship sport for the foreseeable future starting with the 2013 season and all players were allowed to transfer.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Who would they play? Would they be D1? Would they be forced out of the Big Ten?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

They'd be forced to lose.

20. CardinalVol

I was trying to think today of what the NCAA could do to them that would be worse than the death penalty yet not be it itself.

Best I can come up with it this -

1. Limit scholarhsips to 0 (aka essentially declare it non-scholarship). Or perhaps keep scholarship levels so low for so long they can't realistically be able to compete.
    2. Limit OOC games starting with 2013.

At that point, what happens to them and the B1G is out of their hands.

This just a JMO from spending too much time bored in a hospital room this morning.