POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Capitalism; find something that appeals to 1/2 the Country and cha ching.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I liked this interview...

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Holy shit…

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, I have read on this story, it appears to be real. There is a man whose child was in the shooting that believes his child is part of a elaborate hoax. Like, thinks their child is in on it.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

This is the biggest, most fundamental problem with the stupidity of belief of "having an open mind."

It means someone will fall for anything.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Have an open mind but not so open that your brain falls out.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Well damn

8. fl0at_

You can't be open to anything, because then there is no basis for telling fact from fiction. You must always have a set of a concretes that you believe to be true, that way you can compare anything against a concrete, and determine its validity.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can have an open door but be standing in the frame with a shotgun

10. fl0at_

If you're always open to the idea that the earth is flat, and riding on the back of a turtle... then you have no basis for truth.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's not having an open mind, that is your brain falling out because those ideas can be easily falsified.

12. fl0at_

There are a lot of things that can be easily falsified, that get misconstrued for "having an open mind."

Which is why having an open mind can't be a thing.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not going to let dipshits define phrases for me. Their "have an open mind" doesn't have to be my "have an open mind."

14. fl0at_

Yea. Which is why I reject it completely. If we don't have a common meaning, then why have any meaning? It's confusing if your open mind isn't my open mind.

Their open mind is that any possibility is valid. Your open mind is basically Occam's razor, and then evidence from that point forward determines validity.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, I am willing to evaluate information, not willing to accept things without information.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The way people are throwing around the term "treason" in regards to General Milley, including members of Congress, further leads me to believe most people who prattle on about the Constitution either haven't read it or bothered to understand it. There are some very interesting and valuable discussions to be held about the actions of Milley, like should he have been court martialed or was he within bounds to intervene on a day in which he felt the president was truly a danger to the country. But, the treason talk is hard to ignore, especially since it seems people aren't aware of the really high bar treason entails, purposely so. In the end, like most of these public arguments, they are dumb because a significant number of people don't actually know what the [uck fay] they are talking about.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He is a [uck fay]ing moron but the treason talk is stupid.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think some kind of congressional brief or memo is warranted.

zehr27 likes this.
  19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I lump the treason talk into the same boat as the whole “comparing leaders to Hitler” stuff.

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Why are we just assuming that Bob Woodward is correct? Given his track record over the past few years, there’s a good chance that the contents of the call are being embellished. I agree that there should be some kind of investigation, and if what Milley is being accused of turns out to be true, then he’s in a world of shit, or at least should be.