Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

Not after we screwed a fellow sexton client out of a buyout, among other reasons.

A-Smith likes this.
  2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

So UCLA is not back.

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Although given how competitive Fresno was in Eugene, they might actually be really good.

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Remember who told you Kalen DeBoer to USC first. Just sayin.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

8U
    Meh, 50/50.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yes.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

thats so UCLA

8. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

For sidewalk fans statewide I’d say it’s no more than 10% Auburn and that’s probably generous.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Am I supposed to see some glaring distinction between Bammers and Barners? Taxonomically, they are the same species.

CardinalVol and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah but they were transported to different islands and diverged

11. HCKevinSteele

The glaring distinction between fan bases is one is generally college educated and one is generally not. Alumni might be the same species.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've met graduates from both many times. "Educated" is a relative concept. UT flunks people out. Alabama and Auburn do not seem to

13. HCKevinSteele

Who knows how differences might manifest by field. Alabama is unique comparatively with such a large part of the student body being dumber than shit with their tuition dollars financing scholarships for smart kids from around the country.

In my experiences I’ve not seen a discernible difference between graduates from the 3. I’d lump Georgia into that too though admittedly their top end is higher than the other 3.

Honestly the people I’ve found least impressive were South Carolina grads, but idk if my sample size is big enough. I didn’t know until I lived in NC that a lot or most of the states dumb kids with money flock there. Ole Miss is worse but that’s no surprise.

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Narduzzi complaining about officiating against WMU. Too bad the same crew from Knoxville the week prior can't follow him around every week. Heupel is a better man than most of us for taking the meek route all throughout the week following the royal screwing Tennessee received in Knoxville.

SetVol13, utvol0427, IP and 1 other person like this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think USC's administration is capable of making that good of a hire

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That is dependent on how good each is doing. Auburn had quite the sidewalk fanbase here in the early 00's. The Saban hire had a lot of T's and AU stickers get replaced by mulletted As

warhammer and NorrisAlan like this.
  17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

There’s a decent chance that Arizona goes winless this year. They lost to Northern Arizona last night.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

100% but we have a mentally challenged AD.

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I like that