Robert Hubbs Has Committed To UT...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by NYY, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

You've gotta be kidding me.

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Great get, wouldn't mind a piggyback commitment or three.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I am in sports hell. While I watch and support UT basketball, I'm short, fat, and white. Basketball isn't my game.....

Keep working Cuonzo. At least someone down there is putting in positive work.

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Cuonzo seems to be answering the only question mark that he had as a coach.

7. Does this mean pulling Stokes out of West TN wasn't a "fluke"?

If he can keep pulling talent like this, this program is going to become a serious powerhouse.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

If Martin can also pull JW3, then I think there is no doubt Stokes wasn't a fluke. With Hubbs coming out of Dyer county, it isn't quite the same....but still not an easy pull to play the "home state" card. Cuonzo seems like the type of guy that you want to lead you. It doesn't matter if you're from Bearden or South Memphis - the appeal of that leadership isn't a function of geography. Playing for your home state is just icing on the cake.

I find the recent STATEment campaign to be interesting, especially considering our Memphis targets. We are from these cities, but we represent this state.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If we go to the next level this year in the Ws/Ls recruiting will get even better and easier.

10. fun2bow

fun2bow New Member

Hubbs and Hatvol on Basilio today was great.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

RH called into Basilio? Or are you talking about Brent?

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Especially if we can turn Stokes into a lottery pick. We have a pretty good pitch right now. Add "know how to put people in the league" and it gets even better

13. fun2bow

fun2bow New Member

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What was the gist of what each talked about? I assume they called in at different times and this wasn't one big conference call.

16. fun2bow

fun2bow New Member

8th maxim got some good pr today and it was a good "mini interview" with Hubbs and Hatvol.

17. fun2bow

fun2bow New Member

Hatvol and Hubbs were on the call at the same time and talking to each other..

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Awesome. Will have to find the podcast then

19. fun2bow

fun2bow New Member

Hatvol told Hubbs that since he is now a Vol he is an assistant to CCM and needs to help recruit the other targets......Great players want to play with other great players.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator