Robert Hubbs Has Committed To UT...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by NYY, Sep 17, 2012.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Hubbs reminds me of Jeremy Lamb from UConn. Anyone else see that in his game?

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I like the answers Hubbs gave. Seemed like a grounded young man who isn't filled with the sense of entitlement many elite prospects carry.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Sounds encouraging.

Based on what it looks like is possible for Zo, how would you like to see this class close out based on needs/talent.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Have seen him around the Northview facilities(where his father coaches/coached) and there's nothing elitist about him

5. hatvol96

I think the optimal situation would obviously be adding Williams III and Nichols.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Right, and I'm sure we'd find a way (quickly) to take both if they wanted to come, but....

If you had to choose?

7. hatvol96

Nichols, simply because I think he fills a need. If Davis turns out to as good as I think he will, getting JWIII would be duplicative.

8. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Old friend from our college days at Tennessee is a coach at his school. Said he was a nice, humble kid.

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Would you say we have a good chance at getting both? If not, who is more likely?

10. hatvol96

Tennessee is in the fight for both. If they only get one, I think it'll be Nichols.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

For those that care, apparently Nichols was retweeting a lot of Vols athletics and recruiting stuff the last couple of days. He then retweeted people asking if it was a sign. Probably just having some fun and enjoying the process, but UT is clearly on his mind at any rate.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Well, considering he and Hubbs both play for the M33M AAU team...I'd say UT is weighing heavily on his mind right now.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

true dat

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just passing along the events of the interwebs.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

fyp.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Next thing we know IP is going to be making custom avatars, begin to bootleg recruiting articles, and stop his studies to go work at Best Buy.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

slightly off topic, but was the quick reply box taken away? I have had to go advanced and answer a "random" question to post all day

18. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

I still think he ends up at UT or Vandy. His dad is really into the drama of the process and didnt like something that happened with UT. His dad is also a big UT fan and possibly an alum but Im not sure. His mom wants him to stay home but she wants him to go where he wants. The dad might play a role but I think Austin will go where he really wants to play in the end. Hes got a good head on his shoulders and would fit well with Hubbs. Im still not sold on JW3

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah the random question every time I post thing is getting old lol

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Maybe it's a sign.