Severe Weather Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by countvolcula, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

hope your ox don't die

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

It has weakened a lot more than they thought it would at this point (and as a result will hit the banks weaker, hit philly weaker, hit new york weaker, etc. etc.). However, the media hasn't taken that into account and have continued to ramp up as they had planned on. With that said...she is going to cause some problems....just way too populated of a corridor.

3. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

didn't u get the memo? worst natural disaster of all time

4. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Yes it has. Running into some cooler waters and increased wind shear in the upper atmosphere.

5. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

make sure to fill up your bathtub with water before hand train so once all plumbing/power stop working you'll have water to drink and water to flush your baby turds down with since everything will be a wasteland and you'll be stuck in the house for 6 days

6. WM

WM Active Member

Fun fact, during hurricanes Mexican restaurants are still open. Enjoy..

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Well, I was right.

I have appreciated two things about it.

1. Chris Christie telling people to get the hell off the beach.

2. A guy on FoxNews yesterday telling his counterparts, "no one outside of New York gives a damn about New York."

Quannah - you need to be an iReporter for CNN. That would be fun for all.

8. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

this shit on the weather channel is funny. some asshole buried ankle deep in sand with the power stance going on, can barely see the guy through the sand and water blowing and some [itch bay] in the studio asks, what's it like out there. i so want one of them to give her the ollie williams, "it's [uck fay]ing raining"

9. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

[video=youtube;J6z88ur-8bY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6z88ur-8bY&feature=related[/video]

10. Hobock

Hobock New Member

Haha!

11. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

anyone that didn't know and may be wondering, got a text from jtrain yesterday, "Power's done but made it through the worst. Lots of limbs and shit down, lots of people got worse than me"

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Glad he's okay

13. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

The depression growing in the Gulf of Mexico could bring some serious rainfall to La., Southern portions of Mississippi, South Alabama, and Eastern Texas. Rain will probably spread north into West Tn. , Arkansas, North Alabama, Middle Tn sometime early next week. Storm is moving north/ northwest really slow. Could be disasterous for New Orleans with 20+ inches of rain expected in those areas.

The upside is most of this area could really use the rainfall, especially Texas.

14. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Active fall weather beginning for the Midsouth. Thunderstorms will begin to develop overnight and pushing into Eastern Arkansas, West TN, and North Miss. North Alabama, and Middle Tn. will begin to see these storms during the morning hours into mid afternoon. Gusty winds, small hail, and heavy rain will be the primary threat with these storms.

15. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Damn

Sounds like I did a NOAA weather update.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I read it in the computer-synthesized voice.

17. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

no tornadoes?

18. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

No tornadoes

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Looks like we are under a watch for the next few hours. Hopefully we can get some rain out of it.