Sounds Like Barnes Hiring is Imminent

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Mar 30, 2015.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Absolutely. We could have done worse. Much, much worse. We did so with the last two hires. That said, it appears Jamie Dixon may be available. Bob Huggins too. Oh and the Hurley brothers.

2. GahLee

Absolutely. If you have told me that maybe you've got a shot at Jamie Dixon or Bob Huggins, I'd say fire the shot. And if you told me you could probably land either of the Hurley brothers with a reasonable offer, I'd say go for it.

There isn't anyone among us that can deny that Barnes is an upgrade.

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Not sure. Tyndall took a shit roster and at least went .500, Barnes, according to Braden Gall's tweet is 35-37 the last 4 years in the Big 12 with elite talent on his roster.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...ch-rick-barnes-finalizing-deal-with-tennessee

Jumping for joy over here

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hopefully a change in scenery will recharge his batteries and we get 3-4 good years out of him.

6. GahLee

I doubt Barnes will be fired after one year.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Never say never with this bunch of ****-ups running the show

8. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Not sure there is a bigger fan of the Hurley family than me... would have killed to have one of them as the coach. One of my best friends is on staff at St Anthony and I've been up to watch them practice and also worked Bob Hurley, Sr's BB Camp. They know the game and the brothers have deep recruiting connections.

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I don't hate it all. I like it a lot better than Donnie Tyndall.

10. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The reference point is not being better than Tyndall, it's being the best person available for the job.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Luckily we have you around to tell us how to think.

13. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

I don't hate it.

14. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

If Texas is so easy to win at, why are he and Penders the only guys to do it there for an extended period?

15. hatvol96

Which is how it should be. If you don't think your AD can hire coaches, get another AD.

16. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

I like the hire, but I am admittedly gauging it on who I think UT would actually hire that's better than Barnes, which is nobody.

17. hatvol96

Would I rather have a number of other coaches? Yes. Do I think Barnes will do well here? Yes.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The guy by himself has more combined NCAA accomplishments than Tennessee does all time. Our Dope AD could have done worse.

19. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

It's almost like they're related...

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd like to. I'm speaking to it being said we are hiring a search firm, and then this. Why did we hire search firm? Or why did they say we were if they were not?