The 8th Maxim Randy Mario Poffo Memorial Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by emainvol, Aug 14, 2011.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I don’t know how good it’s gonna be, but I am definitely excited to see Junior Dos Santos in a pro wrestling match

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Man, if it’s not a squash, Malakai Black v Dante Martin is gonna be a banger

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m a Hangman fan and have been for a while, but man I never thought I would see him get the reactions he gets.

Can’t wait to see the pop when he kicks out of One Winged Angel next month

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I remember reading the hype around Hangman/Omega and the long storytelling. Could you give a quick rundown?

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Oh boy, I’m not sure if it’s possible for my wordy ass to do a quick rundown as it’s been pretty loaded.

I recommend this Twitter thread -

The thread breaks at one point so here’s the pt 2 -

It hits all the big points along the way and while it was written a couple months ago, since Hangman took a couple months off it is pretty much current

chavisut likes this.
  6. chavisut

Amazing storytelling there.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That ended before Hangman and Dark Order laid a challenge down to the Elite for a 10 man tag where, if they won, Hangman got a title shot and two members of Dark Order got a tag title shot

They lost, which was actually surprising until it became clear Hangman was taking some time off. To that point Hangman had been the number one contender, but with the loss he got pushed out of the rankings, then the Elite beat him down to write him off for the birth of his son.

So the ladder match was his “only” ticket back in and a natural spot for his return. And, well, you can see by the crowd reaction that it was damned near the perfect spot for it.

8. chavisut

Glad I read that before watching. That was an amazing show. I’m enjoying wrestling again.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Danielson vs Murder Grandpa was fun

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Mox’s book is very entertaining so far. It’s a little weird reading it, considering all the drinking references, knowing he’s in rehab right now though

justingroves likes this.
  11. chavisut

More MJF please.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Punk and Kingston delivered with their segment tonight. That’s two of the best promos on the planet just doing their thing

chavisut likes this.
  13. chavisut

Glad to see them finally put him in something with substance.

14. chavisut

Regret not getting the PPV last night. Sounds like it was awesome.

We gonna see a triple threat with Page, Omega, and Danielson next?

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I *think* we are about to see Okada show up to set up a program with Omega sometime next year. Dunno if they would go to adding Omega in for a triple threat, but it would be a good way to keep Bryan from eating the pin v Hangman

chavisut likes this.
  16. chavisut

Yeah I just didn’t know if they’d go face on face.

Also, I need to see MJF v Punk.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Actually. Seems like the word is that Omega is gonna take some time off. I imagine he’ll drop the AAA title next month and that will be his only match over the next several months. His shoulder is apparently pretty messed up and he’s had some bouts with vertigo

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Lol, Bryan Danielson very audibly said “He’s gonna get his [uck fay]ing head kicked in” on a live show

justingroves likes this.
  19. chavisut

LFG

20. chavisut

Interested to see how long they take this MJF/Punk storyline.

Personally I’d like to see MJF take the belt 4-6 months down the road.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.