The 8th's Holly Bobo Kidnapping Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Apr 30, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Your background (my thread, I'll link it wherever I want) -

The Holly Bobo Kidnapping - VolNation

Anyway, one of the stations of on Nashville is now doing a look into it again. Apparently a NFP out of Brentwood has been brought in as well to help investigate. Worth reading the link on the last page. I still think they want to say the brother did it.

If nothing else, OWH and I can discuss this again.

2. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

This has been one of the most intriguing n sad cases to me.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I've always thought the brother did it.

4. CardinalVol

I still say the ex-boyfriend and his friends did it, or she's in the Middle East.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the abduction story just doesn't make sense on so many levels.

6. CardinalVol

The only reasons I give it credit is because a) I know what all goes through there, and b) some folks from around there I respect won't completely write it off either. I think it's a very small likelihood, but one I won't completely disclose.

My main guess is that she is still at the bottom of one of the rivers lakes.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i just can't fathom his actions if what happened is what he says happened.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Wow. I had all but forgot about this case.

At this point, even if her remains are found, I doubt it will bring in much evidence.

9. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

Truly sad how this investigation was so completely bungled from start to now.

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

What would the brothers motive be?

11. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

It's not Clint

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I imagine this would have some legal issues, but let's say that they have a GPS route from her cell. And that it was stored somewhere on her carrier's servers.

Why can't that route, more or less just coordinates (numbers) be cross referenced to other similar cordinates at the same time?

I mean, it assumes the abductor had a cell on them, but that would be a good first place to start, if there aren't any legal issues.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he's a nut? maybe he's obsessed with her. who the hell knows?

14. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

This recent story about her cell is perplexing, I remember at the time the report being her cell was not on and could not be tracked...

15. CardinalVol

If you talk to anyone that helped or has been around, it was the ex-bf. I honestly am somewhat surprised that none of his group of friends has broken down and told stuff by now.

16. CardinalVol

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

sorry the things still sounds fishy to me. you see your sister get led off into the woods and you don't go out and check to see if she's ok? you hear there was a scream and you don't go out and check?

18. CardinalVol

He never heard a scream.

Odds are, if he thought it was her boyfriend (I thought it was ex-bf), he didn't think much about it.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

"I said, 'Clint, that's not Drew. Get a gun and shoot him.' And I remember him saying, 'You want me to shoot Drew?' So I hung the phone up again, and I think at that point I fell on the floor," Karen Bobo said.

at worst this dude isn't the brightest light in the tunnel.

20. CardinalVol

I think that is a fair and accurate statement.