POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let's investigate. From the drop the conservative spin has been that he caused the deaths... which is hard to really claim given this was a novel virus outbreak in the early stages. The issue that concerns me is that he was covering up the real numbers, regardless of the reason (which is probably because Trump was threatening to cut funds to NY and other states with a lot of deaths early, which is pretty [uck fay]ed up). I think the brother situation is sort of unique, and perhaps someone should have stepped in and said if Chris Cuomo wants to do serious work, he needs to cut that out. I can understand that. Applied more broadly in terms of using connections and conflicts of interest, that would shut down entire "news" channels, though. And yet here you are, talking about the Cuomos and saying Trump is the one who started the conversation, while ignoring how Trump came to power: Fox News. 24/7.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

What do you drive, and how much do you drive?

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Andrew Cuomo and Nikki Haley have greatly disappointed me the last couple of weeks.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We closed on our house this past Friday and apparently saved a nice chunk of cash by doing so when we did.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I never had a high opinion of either, but Cuomo turned out to be more reckless than I thought and Haley turned out to more feckless than I thought.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Cuomo needs to resign. The COVID data is the bigger deal, but the most recent of the multiple sexual harassment accusations is pretty ironclad in its specificity and corroboration, and he is lying about it. He abused his authority over young subordinates, it's disgusting.

Unimane likes this.
  7. Unimane

Regular people and figures have been [itch bay]ing about the media for years and years. Donnie certainly didn't initiate calling them out and I absolutely remember the "Clinton News Network" stuff of the 90s, for one. Trump elevated this into a complete whine fest about himself, which still lends itself to incredulity about people blindly following him, especially with direct access to his drivel through Twitter. Anyone citing the media, or purportedly influenced by them, as their support for Trump already was inclined to do so for other reasons, but the media surely provided any easy justification to avoid common concerns of support for his actions and policies.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He made errors that directly led to more deaths. I don't think he did it intentionally or anything, so it's not like I'm calling him a murderer, unlike those on the left who still claim Trump is responsible for every COVID death in the US (don't tell me it doesn't happen - I still see it on social media regularly). But it was still a mistake. There's a reason he has tried to cover it up. He should have been held responsible form the beginning, but instead, he was lauded by the media for how he "handled" the pandemic because, at the time, he was a person they could hold up in opposition to Trump. Don't pretend the timing on all of this is coincidental. It's becoming an issue now because he is no longer useful to the party, now that Trump is out.

I don't understand how you make the jump to applying it more broadly. How many journalists find themselves in situations where they are covering politician family members? And even then, a brother is about as close as you can be to someone. I just don't see this as a frequent occurrence.

You think Fox News is the "how" behind Trump coming to power? I would agree that it played a role, but I think there is a lot more to it than that. But regardless, I don't really understand the point you are making. I don't watch Fox, and I don't like any "news" source that presents itself as unbiased despite obvious political leanings. That's half the reason I've enjoyed Ben Shapiro's show. He makes it very clear, up front, that he's conservative. He tells you that he's going to give you the facts, and then he's going to tell you his opinion of the facts, which will be right leaning.

Does Fox try to claim that it's an unbiased source?

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He has daughters their age. Like I always say; Men are pigs, all men, no exceptions. Most men control their urges (for lack of a better word) while others don't.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't understand why people who have more or less had a favorable view as being, sane logical and good decide to go stupid when they eye the presidential race.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

14. Unimane

Yeah, like I said, I didn't like her, but that was almost entirely to do with policy and other issues. She was, I thought, fairly decent in advocacy of certain policies and was highly critical of Trump back in 2015-16 for logical reasons (the same ones still pushed now by Democrats, "never Trumpers" and the Redeemer cohort of the GOP), like a lot of the more visible Republicans. Turns out when given an opportunity to get a taste of the pie, kissing the ring is more important than pursuing your belief system).

I wonder how I would respond in a similar situation. I would like to think I would stick to my ideological guns, but I haven't had a UN Ambassador title dangled in front of me, either. On an smaller scale, though, I have been pretty good about not selling people and my core beliefs out in my life. So, maybe I would.

CardinalVol likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I get it. I was the same way with Booker. Didn't agree with him on anything, but respected how he went about his business and such. THEN that day came with Kavenaugh..............

VolDad likes this.
  16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

That is when Klobucher earned my respect. She would never vote for him based upon ideology; but did not turn it into a circus/witch hunt.

CardinalVol likes this.
  17. Unimane

Booker desperately wants to be what Obama is, but he just doesn't have the chops or the legitimacy, nor an ability to convey sincerity.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I find it disappointing that Biden is more willing to publicaly verbally insult GOP Governors for lifting their States' mask mandate than he is the Saudi Prince responsible for the torture, execution and dismemberment of an American Reporter.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed. That ME stuff is complicated, but cold blooded murder is not.

Also, neanderthals were intellectually equal to Homo sapiens. So the insult isn't even factual.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Didn't China also just rule that being homosexual is a mental disorder?