The controversy here in Denver concerning Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, Aug 23, 2011.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He and Syvelle Newton played on the same high school team. It was one of the most unbelievable teams I ever saw.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can imagine.

He told everyone he was going to be a 1st round pick when he was freshman at Tennessee and well, he was.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Except by then he had almost gotten himself kicked off the team, gained 30 pounds, and played DE instead of LB. It worked though.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Except by then he had almost gotten himself kicked off the team, gained 30 pounds, and played DE instead of LB. It worked though.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He played very, very angry.

Two plays stick out in my mind in his time here. One was the hit on Cal's Craig Stephens on the opening kick off. The other was in 2007, he tripped up Darren McFadden for about a 3 yard loss close to the Arkansas sidelines. He looked over at the Arkansas bench and yelled so loud I could hear him about thirty rows up.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The knock on him was that he cared nothing for scheme. He lined up and just tried to hit someone every time. I actually don't think that is a bad thing all the time.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's why he was on all the special teams units in Knoxville

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Broncos fan call him a bust.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He should have never went in the first round.

He is a solid, yet unspectacular, player.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not all first rounders can be as transcendentally successful as Tim Tebow.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

\

That Arky game was awesome. Tankervol was there with me, and I was hammered enough to mock the shit out of the Arkansas fans in our section for the better part of the second half. Jack and Red Bull at five in the morning on the way to Knoxville may be the only way to see UT sports.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Good lord, how can anyone seriously look at the Raiders D and say it isn't one of the worst in the league? It is dogshit by every statistical measure. The Tebow defenders might be the most delusional bunch on the planet.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Look who you're arguing with.

baker can take the dumbest stance and staunchly defend it.

15. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Guy's just a winner. Those three interceptions Palmer threw? Tebow made it happen. The long touchdown run by McGahee? Look who handed it off to him. Royal's punt return for a touchdown? Inspired by Tebow.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

My criticisms aside, I am forced to start Tebow in fantasy football. My team is garbage.

17. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Wow. Who else do you have at QB? They on a Bye?

18. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Much like Matt Simms, Tebow can really manage the running game.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Matt Schaub, but he never throws the ball anymore with Johnson out and the running game for Houston exploding. I lost by 4 points last week, and Schaub produced 9. Tebow produced like 20. His rushing yards inflate his numbers above most standard QB's, despite his shitty performance.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You have Tebow on your Fantasy team?

Not a true fan imo iyam jmo