The Holly Warlick Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Jan 25, 2016.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Would be awesome. He'd win an NC within 3 years. How would people deal with that?

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I agree with all of this.

3. Tenacious D

Who looked anything up - I don't know about the rest of these guys, but I'm an avid Lady Techsters fan.

I like Caldwell, and think that's the type of hire you need.

Anyone - hell, having a vacancy - seems better than Warlick. Like Card, I love that she is exactly who they wanted, and is damned near approaching Dooleyian levels of incompetence.

4. Tenacious D

3? He'd win his second one in Year 3.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

When they first hired her, I mentioned UNC post Dean Smith when they hired Guthridge as warning that the long time assistant usually doesn't translate into a great head coach. And I got chastized saying it was unfair and that she'd do fine.

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Apparently her buyout is her contract in full, less future earnings. Stay as long as you like, I say.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

IIRC (from conversation with some LV fans), Tennessee's spending on women's hoops is actually towards the middle of the SEC (in yet another example of "our AD cheaps out on everything").

And I actually want the Lady Vols to succeed, as I want every program at Tennessee to succeed. Although I will agree that LV-only fans can be irksome

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Lady Techster fan has been noted and will be take into consideration on all matters going forward.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

o_O

What is she making?

10. CardinalVol

665K and 3 years to go after this season.

This gets better and better.

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

If I were Hart, I'd bump it to 666K and see how creative people can get.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think we should delete this thread and start a new one in which we stand by Warlick and go full Fulmerite for her. Say anyone who doesn't support her isn't really a vol, etc.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe throw in some "whoyagonnagit"'s for good measure.

14. CardinalVol

Or we can just keep making fun of the situation.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

okay.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I, personally, take no delight in the demise of the women's basketball program. I want all of our sports to do well.

That said, the LV Elitists needed a good splash of cold water. The males that only acknowledge male sports as worthwhile have had a decade of cold ass water.

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

20. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I think he took over a tough situation at La Tech. Interesting to see what he does next year. I have heard from someone close to him that he is essentially operating on a 3-4 year plan at La Tech. That being that he felt he could make significant gains in year 3 and 4 to land a better job (or year 3 if the cards fall right).

I can't speak to his on court abilities, but I believe he does a really good job with recruiting. He was recruiting a player from the school I work at currently. Top 50 kid for her class. The kid and the family seemed to really like him, but in the end he was up against some big names in the P5 along with their cost of attendance stipends, facilities, etc. Also, I think there was a thought that he would not be there too long. Should note that said kid, who is now committed to another SEC school now, has offers from essentially every school in the SEC minus TN...how a Top 50 kid whom basically lives in Memphis can go without even contact from UT is laughable.