The Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by countvolcula, Sep 23, 2011.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The State of Arkansas, for whatever reason, has decided that bears that don't adjust well to state parks, because they wander too close to the public on repeated occasions, should be dropped off in the woods bordering our hunting ground.

And since they did it in my favorite wooded area, hunting during the fall has taken on a new meaning. I hate to sound like a puss, but the idea of being mauled on my way to a stand causes some consternation. And also constipation. Pucker affect around 5:15.

2. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

My ass didnt get up in time, so Im going to get in the stand this afternoon

As far as the panthers, they are in West Tennessee whether the TWRA want to admit it or not. My dad saw one in the Forked Deer river bottom one evening, right before dark. Ran out of a thicket right in front of him.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The first time I heard a bobcat I almost pissed myself. I know a guy in white bluff that swears he has a panther/mountain lion on his property

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

glad I don't have to worry about bears

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I have seen a few of these around Marrowbone Lake.

Em Dickson folk are bout like em Robertson folk. Lol

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

i could sit on my dad's back porch and shoot deer every morning. is that legal?

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Only if you invite me

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Says the guy from cheatham county

9. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

I'm not sure how close you are to Smith County, but I know a guy who has 400 or so acres there that he uses to hunt on and he swears there are bears on it. I'm not sure I believe him because his only proof so far has been what he referred to as a "mountain" of shit that couldn't have came from deer.

10. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

Whoa don't be making fun of us Robco folk. Yall drilled my alma mater last night. Heard our rb and wr both got acl injuries in the game. But anyways this is the hunting forum.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

One less coyote in Tennessee

12. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

I've still not killed one. Did you take one cheap arrow and broadhead for that?

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I like how he came to that conclusion. I'm not close to Smith county

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No he got a good one. Son of a [itch bay] ran into a thicket with it and the arrow

15. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

Bet that was fun pulling him out. I always took a cheap arrow and cheap broadhead.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Thanks JG. Nothing but an invasive and destructive nuisance. They need to be eradicated.

17. Beechervol

Speakin of hunting, I just finished a land survey for TWRA in Winchester bout 90 ac. of prime stuff.

18. Beechervol

No joke. Some cousins across the hwy have killed 11 this year on their farm. Running in packs.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It is pretty eerie to hear a pack yelping at night during the winter. Sound carries forever. Lots of calves have been attacked in my neck of the woods.

20. Beechervol

Yep. The fear factor toward people for them is decreasing everyday.