The Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by countvolcula, Sep 23, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I will shoot everyone I see

2. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Last one I killed was about to jump on my Turkey decoy and got blasted with #4 in the side of the head at 15 yards. Was awesome busting one that close at not even knowing you are around

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I changed the title of this thread because it looks like this may be an ongoing subject, and I think people will find it easier this way.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  4. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

Sounds good Cotton.

Hows your season going?

5. cotton

We killed a lot of doves, and my brother had a good early wood duck season. I don't seem to be able to find the time to bow hunt anymore, so I can't really speak to deer.

I'm actually going on a trip Friday. Final sight-in this morning, and I'm scrambling around trying to make sure I've got all of my stuff ready this afternoon. Will post pics if successful.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yea, coyote goes out in Arkansas end of Feb as well, unless they are damaging crop, in which case they can be demolished at all times. I consider quail to be a crop, and thus shoot them whenever, but have yet to have anyone confirm that as "legal."

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Around here, killing coyotes is considered pest control.

There are way too many of them.

8. WM

WM Active Member

Got any good deer recipes up in here? I want to get a little creative this fall.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

1.Cut the venison tenderloin into 12 strips lengthwise. Toss with Italian dressing, and allow to marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
    2.Preheat a grill for medium heat.
    3.To assemble the venison wraps, lay a strip of venison on top of a strip of bacon. Place a teaspoon of cream cheese at one end, and top with a slice of jalapeno. Roll up and secure with a skewer. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Season the wraps with desired amount of seasoning salt.
    4.Grill for 10 minutes, then turn over, and continue cooking until the bacon is crisp.

10. WM

WM Active Member

Sounds great 53. Will try this and report back on how it goes.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

c'mon. you can fish off his dock while we wait for them to go on their daily stroll.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

In a large bowl, with a lid, mix beer, steak rub and garlic salt to taste together.

Add the steaks, cover and refrigerate overnight.

Remove steaks from the marinate and roll in Shake & Bake and Parmesan cheese. Place in a greased glass baking dish.

Sprinkle on jalapeno shredded peppers. Cover each steak with bacon.

Bake at 425 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes

13. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

thats basically how we do our dove

14. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Waiting on gun season in Alabama. Don't bow hunt. Going to a former teammates hunting property near Montgomery AL this fall. There's alot of deer here if you ever get the chance to hunt here!

15. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

[video=youtube;ZC1WKRta63U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC1WKRta63U[/video]

16. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

You not like it?

17. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

Little deer down there. Kentucky deer hunting is where its at.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Justin Moore is a dumbass.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'll have you one tonight.

20. cotton

Back from my trip, but home internet is down. If I get it worked out, I'll post some pics. Hopefully, I'll get it worked out over the weekend.