The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Jute Holiday makes that team so much better.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm not overly worried about the Heat this year, although I think it's possible we lose. It was clear things were unraveling right before the break and during the bubble for the Bucks last season. The writing was clearly on the wall. I believe having Holiday makes us better set up for the playoffs than did Bledsoe and his defensive pressure is so critical. Miami not having Jae Crowder helps a bunch over last year, as well.

So, I think we beat the Heat and play the Nets. The three Nets-Bucks games this year have been exceptionally high quality, NBA Finals level stuff. The Nets being the home of every NBA player with an all-star appearance in the last decade looking for a ring isn't encouraging for us, but it's one I think we could pull off.

I'm very skeptical of pulling off a Nets-76ers double. That's a tough road to haul.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Giannis is averaging 40, 11, and 5 against the Nets this season. They don't have anyone who can even dream of stopping him, meanwhile, the Bucks actually play defense. Also, gotta think Budenholzer at least matches up evenly with first year HC, Steve Nash.

If the Bucks get past Miami, I think they'll beat the Nets. No idea who I'd pick in the ECF matchup against the 76ers, though.

4. Unimane

The Nets have so much potential offense, though. They have three guys who can't be stopped if they are on their A game. Nobody else has this in the league. The Bucks have one guy and a B lister in Middleton in this regard. Now, they haven't played together much, but the Nets are a 140 point outburst waiting to happen, which is scary. I'm at 50-50 on the series with Brooklyn and less if it looks like they are getting their shit together in the first round after not having those dudes play together for all but 8 or so games this year.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lakers must really prefer Utah to Phoenix in the first round. I’m not sure how else to explain what I just witnessed.

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Faking an eye injury in case he lost a play-in. That's why he's the GOAT

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Hitting a game winning deep 3 in the eye of the best shooter on the planet is why he’s the GOAT.

Playing one of his worst high stakes playoff games in years and still coming away with a triple double and the game winner is why he’s the GOAT.

8. Unimane

Yes, I'm sure the first line on his HOF bust will be he "hit a game winner against noted defensive stalwart Stephen Curry and secured the #7 seed for the Lakers in a play in game in 2021". Immortal.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Haha. When one has to always try to claim someone is the goat, it somewhat explains why he's not. For example, you don't often see people trying to daily claim Jordan is the goat. There is no need as it's known.
    I didnt see the game, but friends text thread and Twitter say "Lebron is such a [itch bay]" all over the place. What did Leflop do this time to garner the label?

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Fell asleep after 3, but that was an epic meltdown by the Warriors. Honestly surprised it took late game heroics. Figures Lakers would win 7+.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I constantly see people claim Jordan is the goat.

Indy likes this.
  12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I didn’t bring up the GOAT last night. I responded to the person who did.

You always try to apply this dumb logic without realizing that anyone who brings up LeBron not being the GOAT is essentially saying “MJ is the GOAT.”

By your dumb logic, that makes MJ not the GOAT.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He Steph Curry’d Steph Curry. Ridiculous shot at a ridiculous time to win the game.

It flies directly in the face of the morons who claim he isn’t clutch or is afraid to take a shot in big moments. The “he’s not clutch” argument is probably the second most prevalent argument used when arguing he’s not the GOAT, even though it’s not backed up, at all, by the data.

How many 7 seeds have won an NBA title? Does LeBron become the GOAT, in your mind, if they win this year?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just watched the replay... He took a hand to the face. How is he faking? Swiped right down the face.

15. Ssmiff

In response to others claiming he's not, sure. But for the most part it's known and doesn't need to be said.

16. Ssmiff

If you try to remind your wife or employer everyday you are the best guy ever, you aren't, because if you were you wouldn't have the need to try to make them believe it

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

No. I've also heard Kobe Bryant is the GOAT. I've heard Magic Johnson is the GOAT. I've heard Lebron James is the GOAT.

If I say "Michael Jordan is the GOAT," just randomly, does it mean he is in fact not? You've created a paradox. An unsustainable universe that collapses in on itself. You just ruined Michael Jordan's legacy. You are the monstar who could not be jammed.

Indy likes this.
  18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You know it’s a bad foul when Skip Bayless calls it a flagrant 1. Dude hates LeBron more than all of his detractors on this site combined.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This is literally the exact situation that started this conversation today, but with LeBron instead of MJ. Again, your logic is just dumb.

20. Ssmiff

Your momma

utvol0427, IP and Indy like this.