Thinking About Transferring

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Steve C., Mar 2, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You are only looking at tuition. Cost of living will be a factor, as well. If you go to UT, Memphis is going to be a significantly more expensive place to live. Also, residencies aren't exactly high-rolling.

2. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

you go to ETSU now?

lol

3. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Listen, [uck fay]er, I'm lucky to be alive, much less enrolled at an accredited university. I've never made fun of any university. This is the putative "Information Age", anyway. There's little to no difference between a ETSU biology class and a Harvard one. My professors are competent authors, etc. I'm thankful for the opportunity to be here.

Guarantee I'm smarter than you, and I've got the MENSA card to prove it.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Screw SAT scores on this board, we lay down the wood!

WHAT YOU GOT GOLFBALLS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

So why are you looking to transfer?

6. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Quillen's a nice school in my backyard, as well. God bless the heat I'll take on this board if I go to Vandy.

7. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Bored with the area and want to study under a top-notch historian, who are all over the place- Montreal, UCLA, et al. I didn't know some of the stuff I've found out from Jo and some folks at school.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Ah, that's right...you already covered that...my b.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure a monkey could graduate from Quillen. I've known some real dumbasses that got through with GPAs better than what they could dream of earning in high school.

10. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Are you one of those people who think intelligence = good GPA?

11. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

wow!!!!

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Think he's just one of those people who think college should be tougher than high school.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not at all. That said, I literally know some people that struggled with basic sciences in high school that killed it at Quillen.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Might as well finish at ETSU. No reason to generate debt. Trust me, it sucks

15. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

People change, kpt. Never know. What, the brain doesn't stop developing until about age 25, right?

16. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Another voice of reason has arrived. Do you agree with my general thoughts re: education these last few pages?

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

These people were dumb and are still dumb. I'm not sure they were 50th percentile in high school.

That doesn't mean there aren't smart people that go there, just that the challenge and weeding out processes aren't what they should be.

18. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Again I don't care about percentiles. One of the smartest guys I know had a 1.9 in high school because he never did his homework. Another girl I know dropped out because of home issues. Anybody can get a 4.0. Not many can think critically on their own.

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I would stay at ETSU. If you're going to transfer, I would keep it in instate and not put yourself in such a hole before grad school.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You are describing me. I had no trouble earning a good GPA.