Tobacco

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Beechervol, Sep 15, 2011.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Exactly.

2. JayVols

2.30 is high for Grizzly. I dip a can/day on workdays and a can and a half on off days.

3. egotistical

egotistical New Member

It may be a little cheaper than that. I usually buy two cans at a time, and get some change back out of it.

4. egotistical

egotistical New Member

With a five dollar bill.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Honest to God, the reason I started dipping was working in tobacco fields. You start sweating and that shit gets in your pores, it gives you tobacco poisoning. I got it and the old man that owned the farm said "Here son, do this and you won't get tobacco poisoning" and away I went.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

A can a day, more if that day is a long day. I'll keep a dip in anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour, and it is usually spit one out, eat something, put one back in.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Hah. $1.96. Longhorn straight.

8. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Funny. My dad apparently smoked until I was born, too.

9. egotistical

egotistical New Member

Skoal Mint isn't bad. I'm still searching for a place that sells Rooster. I'm almost positive I would still get a buzz from it.

10. JayVols

Never had Rooster. Wintergreen gives me heartburn. Never tried mint. Peppermint I assume? I 'm a Griz Straight guy

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I had a friend who used straight but was continually finding his favorite store sold out of it. His solution was to drop a few cans of Skoal on top of the Rooster whenever he found it instock. The result was that he could always find some straight by dropping Roosters out of the way.

12. JayVols

I think I pay 19 and some change when buying 2 rolls at my local Food City.

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Sounds familiar.

Cheatham and Robertson are hotbeds for dark fired tobacco in the world.

14. JayVols

$8.50?!!

That would make me quit.

15. Beechervol

Food stamps would cover that Jay.

16. JayVols

I took my first chew at 8 in the 'baccer patch. I saw a bunch of teenagers that were helping us chewing on dried ground leaves, so naturally I started to do the same. Dad stopped me and gave me a chew of RJ Gold instead. We snuck around mom until I was 16. It was mine and dad's thing. To this day, I take a can of Grizzly wintergreen to leave on dad's headstone every time I visit the cemetery.

Nicotine OD from working in tobacco sucks. Headache like you wouldn't believe and bad dizziness. It seemed to be worse anytime there was a heavy dew on the plants.

17. JayVols

Wouldn't doubt it.

Some may be legit needs, but too many are just sorry ass moochers.

18. Beechervol

If your buyin smokes with food stamps you better be a skinny rascal thats missin meals.

19. JayVols

If your buyin smokes with food stamps you better be a skinny rascal thats missin meals.[/QUOTE]

I likes your style.

20. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

There is quite a bit just north of you as well.