Tobacco

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Beechervol, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Used to be that north middle Tn and southern Ky was the only place you would find it. You get on up in Ky its more burley.

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

There was a time in the distant past where a can of Skoal cost $0.35. Before Walt Garrison and Earl Cambell began advertiseing it! Skoal is my tobbaco, don't cuss me cause I chew, if you don't blow your smoke on me, I won't spit on you!

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

From what I understand, the dark is easier to screw up in curing. Both are very good crops here, but dark fire is more of a specialty.

4. Beechervol

It can be. Burley is air cured and from my understanding is strictly used for cigs. Dark fired is chew, snuff, and cigar wrappers.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Should be a temporary stop gap measure not a form of life support for those that have no pride and are too damn lazy to support their family.

Enough derailing the thread. Spit away boys! Just put in a fresh dip myself....

6. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

great commercial

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

This is 100-percent accurate. I grew up working on tobacco farms and got into it the same way. Also, for anyone that plays baseball, chewing is a rite of passage.

I don't chew anymore, but keep a pouch in the car at all times if I get sleepy while driving. It does the trick usually.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

i gave up on the loose shit years ago. i can get my fix on the pouches and i go through about a can every 3-4 days.

9. faildozer

faildozer Member

10. WM

WM Active Member

Skoooooooooal!

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Welcome to the Grizz Straight club. Been dipping it for about 8 years or so now.

12. Beechervol

Haven't had a dip in 3 weeks.

Did however buy a pack of Levi Garrett. It tastes better now than it did back in the day. I can get by with a couple chews a day.

13. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm the wrong person to give advice to on tobacco, so take this with a grain of salt and a shot of tequila. But the addiction is to nicotine. Continuing to use nicotine of any kind will eventually cause you to relapse to your addiction of choice, dip.

Props on the 3 weeks, though.

14. Beechervol

You are correct, I raised the stuff for years and I have smoked, dipped, and chewed about everything they make.

Its a choice between the lesser of the 2 evils. Chew does not bother my gums near as much, and I could always get by without as much chew.