Tyler Bray - "Not even close"

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Nov 15, 2011.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah, but if you have Justin Hunter, throwing to him somewhat covered isn't necessarily a bad read. He wasn't throwing INTs very often. The only bad one was the one to start the half against UF and you have to think something crazy happened there.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Thought I read that someone ran the wrong route.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hunter is never really "covered". He can go up and get anything around him. So yeah, throwing it up to Hunter is never a bad decision.

Bray was a lot better this year checking down to Rivera and going out to the flat before he got hurt. In 2010, he just chucked it around.

4. Richard Dick

Richard Dick New Member

Maybe Dooley is just covering his ass and looking for an excuse to lose to Vanderbilt. I have a feeling Bray could've played against Arkansas too.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It had been what, 4 days since the cast had been off?

I don't know if he would have been very good in that game.

6. Richard Dick

Richard Dick New Member

He could have worn a brace, Ben Roethlisberger played the next week with a broken thumb. Not that Bray is nearly as tough as Ben, but still, it's not like it's never been done. He's had a month and a half to heal it.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Doubt it was the same kind of fracture. Plus, Big Ben has a rock solid defense and an always reliable running game to lean on.

Rothlisberger might also have felt obligated to play as he probably broke the thumb in the act of rape.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That depends on where the break is. It could have been physically impossible to grip a football and throw it. Favre played with a broken thumb too but it was up high on his thumb.

I think rolling an injured Bray out there that can't play would be more of a "See, we suck" way to keep job security than rolling out Worley.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bray's injury also had a wrist component, affecting the way he torqued his hand while throwing. Can't brace that and still throw the ball with any velocity.

Bray isn't a Puss, he wanted and wants to play. Did you see him trying to grip and throw the ball on the sidelines of the UGA game right after the injury? He was pissed.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think [penis] was calling Bray a puss. The Raper has about 60 lbs on Bray and gets routinely beaten every week for the past 6 years in the NFL.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Always thought it would be funny if announcers made subtle jabs at Ben. Suppose he picks up 4th and 1 on a QB sneak.

"He really forced himself on that defense."
    "You're right, he wouldn't take no for an answer."

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Big Ben rapes people?

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Simms did the "He wouldn't take no for an answer" about a month after Ben's suspension ended. There was about 15 to 20 seconds of silence before they went back to talking about the play.

I laughed.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Ha. Wish I could have seen that.

15. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

If Bray were forced to play a game wearing boxing gloves, he would still be better than Worley. That isn't a knock on JW -- and it is slight exaggeration -- but jesus tap-dancing christ, to say that "decision making" and "reads" are what separate Bray and Worley is akin to a statement that "personality" and "sense of humor" is what separates Ricki Lake and Eva Mendes. And that isn't exaggeration.

What separates Bray and Worley is EVERYTHING. Tyler Bray is not good. Tyler Bray is not above average. Tyler Bray is elite.

16. kidbourbon

Look into specifics before you say dumb shit, [penis].

17. kidbourbon

Hat, please pretty please for the love of all things sacred can you try to refrain from making Dooley your new Pearl. Your Pearl schtick was intolerable to put it nicely. We're stuck with Dooley until at least the end of next year, and I'm damn sure not rooting against Tyler Bray + Justin Hunter + Day Rick + Rivera to go all 2007-8 New England Patriots on the rest of the SEC next year and, in so doing, ensure the future employment of [ddiapos].

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hat never rooted against Pearl's Tennessee teams. He didn't have to. Let's hope the same can't be said about Dooley's Vol squads.

19. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Intolerable? Maybe. Proven to be spot on? Undisputed. Dooley is an oaf who disgraces the history of Tennessee football by his presence on the sidelines. He's not strong enough to tell his Designing Women castoff of a mother to shut the hell up, let alone lead an SEC program out of the football desert. I don't have to "root against" him. He's proven at two stops now he can fail without my help.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, not credibly disputed anyway.