UGA prediction/roll call thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Sep 27, 2012.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

As you all well know, it is Georgia week. As Hat stated last night, it is indeed "D-Day" for [ddiapos]. While most everyone here agrees that change needs to be made at the top, (cross fingers for Gruden), this is still an important game to the University of Tennessee football program, perhaps only trailing games against Alabama and Florida in importance.

Albeit an unlikely scenario, here is what it means if Tennessee wins-

1. Dooley buys himself some time (unfortunately) from the people at the top, at least until Alabama beats us so far into the earth, that IP and a gang of his scientists find Tyler Bray's jersey in a bed of sediment in 30 years.

2. It goes to show what this team, talent wise is capable of. The coaching is horrendous, but a win this weekend would go to show that a competent coach could come in and do wonders with this bunch.

Anyhow, who is going to be in Athens? I will, for the first time this year, be watching from the confines of my house, with the gameday chat pulled up.

Key Players for Tennessee- On Offense- The offensive line. Run blocking is huge in this game. They have to be able to stop Georgia's very good pass rush as well. A tall order for the boys up front. Especially when you consider the passive technique that they use up front.

On Defense-I said it during Florida week, and I still believe that Daniel McCullers has to show up to give us a chance.

I am of the opinion, that UT has to blitz a lot Saturday to have some sort of chance.

What will Georgia do? I fully expect Aaron Murray to come out slinging it against this atrocious secondary, and I think he has major success. I think we see Georgia receivers running wide open all day.

Prediction- Georgia defeats Tennessee 42-20.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Georgia 38
    Tennessee 21

3. Andrew

Andrew New Member

Could get ugly.

UGA 45 (their offense is balanced and superior to Florida's and it is between the hedges)
    UT 21 (Bray will get his 300 yards but it will not be enough)

I thought UT would beat Florida in Neyland. It will be at least another month before I pick them to win another game.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

42-13 Dawgs

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

UGA - 41

Tennessee - 13

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Our predictions are all along a similar theme, aren't they?

I do think there's a chance that Georgia lays an egg, but Murray is a matchup nightmare, as he scrambles well enough to break our non-existent contain, and he throws well enough to beat out non-existent secondary (okay, so Byron Moore has been good. But we have at least two outright liabilities starting back there). And as soon as we go down, we're toast.

41-17 Dawgs

Will be watching from my couch.

7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Uga 42-24

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

UGA 41
    Vols 20

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

All the good ones are taken. 40-19

10. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

38 Dawgs
    24 Vols

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

You didn't write you has 40? :)

12. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

uga 45
    ut 17

even tho UT gets crushed, I cldn't be happier, because that means Dools is out

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Uga - 31
    ut - 14

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

28-27 Vols. What do I have to lose?

Vols play it close to the vest and try to run the ball, UGA goes brain-dead and makes a lot of careless errors, Devrin/CP have a special teams miracle...

Oh, and I keep hard liquor in my office drawer.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

28-27 Vols. What do I have to lose?

Vols play it close to the vest and try to run the ball, UGA goes brain-dead and makes a lot of careless errors, Devrin/CP have a special teams miracle...

Oh, and I keep hard liquor in my office drawer.

16. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Bar in chicago for 1st half. Wedding 2nd half. Unless the game is really good. Then it would be bar entire game, then reception.

Dawgs 34
    Vols 20

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Georgia 38
    Tennessee 14

18. Volalum

Volalum Member

49-20, GA shows Dooley the door.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Dawgs crap their pants.

UT - 27
    UGA - 17

I will be there.

(updated to reflect the usual missed extra point)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  20. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

a UT fan tweeted Richt and told him to "run it up". the fan admitted to it on Basilio's show. Awesome