UT's Offense is Compared to Unhygienic Genitalia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Nov 29, 2014.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Also, it can go to hell.*

*The scheme, not my nuts.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
  2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It sucks. It sucked in the big east and sucks worse here.

3. countvolcula

countvolcula New Member

It sucked against Dooley

4. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Agreed. It's hella gimmicky and has been figured out.

OL sucks.

WRs suck.

QB sucks.

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

How the hell did it look good for a while against Bama and against Carolina? I assume it looked pretty good against Kentucky, although I didn't see the game. That's one pretty good defense and two that aren't any worse than Vandy's.

I'm really not sure how it ever worked.

6. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

....I know it's an unpopular opinion; but I think whatever it is we do, can work provided we have some competent offensive lineman.

Today we had one rb, 1 healthy OT, Our best guard playing at OT , 2 below average guards and a back-up center.

....who wins a game with a line like that?

Having said all that, the SEC East is dogshit this year so maybe I'm just blinded by happiness/relief.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It is just hard to accept that. It is true, though, and I know my habit is ignore the state of things and expect us to come out and dominate.

Next year will tell us evertything.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Alabama admitted they didn't scheme for us with Dobbs.

Carolina gets up for one game a year under spurrier now.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

We still had a vast talent advantage over Vandy despite those issues.

I still am wondering why people are happy at being .500. It's perplexing to me.

10. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I think it has a lot to do with not being 5-7.

11. Unimane

The way we went about it, I couldn't be more indifferent. I might change my mind if we play a team with a pulse in the bowl and look like a well coached football team, but now I just see more crappy, poorly coached football being played.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am not happy with 6-6 as a standard. But coming out of the ddiapos years, it is a step forward no matter how small a step it is.

I predicted 7-5 at the start of the year and with the Florida debacle not withstanding they were on target.

13. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

My unprofessional opinion:

Throughout the Bama, USC, and Kentucky games we ran the ball out side to open up the running lanes between the tackle. We did a lot of sweeps, either with pig or hurd, and attacked the edges. A couple of good gains this way led to the opposing lbs to unclog the middle to help with sweeps, which helped open the dive and counters inside, also the qb runs. This actually helped scheme away from our deficiencies (ol) and our strengths.

The past two games looked to run inside to open up the sweeps and outside running game. Our injured oline can't win their individual battles in the trench which makes for a lot of wasted plays. Our big wrs can block out in space okay but we don't try it very much, especially lately.

More knowledgeable football minds might know more but this is what I think is happening.

14. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

That won't happen. It's nearly a certainty this staff will be outcoached by the opponent, whoever that may be. This group must 'out-talent' to win, and there's always the chance they'll screw the talent advantage away. They can't coach.

15. Oldvol75

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup.

I'm not happy, but I'm not ready to kill people either.

I am happy for the seniors.

17. Oldvol75

We are exactly where 95% of us thought we would be. A point away from being 7-5.

18. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

That would be a correct assessment.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Same record as Dools after two years. Not really seeing much of a step outside of the recruiting boost.

20. Unimane

I remember us being similarly happy about beating Vandy and getting bowl eligible. It didn't help then and I remain to be convinced why it will help now.

[video=youtube;tiReAwG3_N8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiReAwG3_N8[/video]