Volnations #1 all time poster is now banned

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Snakeonia, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Twist of irony: Freak PM'd me a few months ago to gauge my willingness to do some blogging, and when I told him that I likely couldn't be a regular contributor, he asked for my opinion as to who else might be good to ask.

Twist of irony (Part 2): Although that was (well) before this site was even envisioned, of the 15-20 names I responded with, all but 2 (that I can recall) are here now.

Given that they are an incredibly massive machine with more than 40k members and an ESPN affiliation - I don't believe that they are even remotely concerned with us, or what we are doing. Nor should they be. I can't imagine that they have started this push as a result of our meager efforts, here. But, if so, I sure as hell hope that whatever competition we might provide (maybe in a few decades or so....unless they just overplay their hand) would be based on the quality of our respective content. If they make that the primary terrain of our battle (however unlikely of a foe we may ever prove to be) then Custer will be doing little more than chasing us to Little Big Horn. And they'll play hell avoiding a similar fate.

As I have told Freak and anyone else who would listen - I hate that any animosity exists (there was actually a really good synergy which could have existed, had a willingness to listen prevailed), but it's of their own choosing and perpetuation. And where I had hoped that reason would prevail, just the opposite has occurred and now continues - with their actions (killing PM's, banning people for absolutely no reason, etc.) seeming more insane and counter-productive by the moment.

I never thought it'd be this way, and certainly didn't want it - but they seem certain that it should be, and so it is. While they've got a helluva lead, we're just going to worry about us and work as hard and smart as we can until we catch and pass them. And we will.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Would love Vercy here.

3. WesKrunker

WesKrunker Member

Stay classy

4. WesKrunker

WesKrunker Member

Nope. I've got no ability to do that.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Enjoy your vacation.

6. WesKrunker

WesKrunker Member

Just drives you crazy when you race to your Mod CP to look up my IP and find me in different city doesn't it?

Yes, I'm out of town in Hilton Head right not. Played 18 holes at the Sea Pines Ocean Course a couple of hours ago.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

What'd ya shoot?

8. WesKrunker

WesKrunker Member

An ugly 77

9. Tex_Volfan.

Tex_Volfan. Only Mod Approved Posts

I'd take 77 all day.

10. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

was it ever said which mod Krunker is on TOOS?

11. Tex_Volfan.

Tex_Volfan. Only Mod Approved Posts

Several different ones from what I understand.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Come on. You know better than thinking it bothers someone. It's message board stuff. Nobody cares that much and you're one of the guys that very well knows and lives that.

How's the weather at Sea Pines? Better, how is the track?

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not really. I knew you were on vacation, hence the message. It was definitely odd that it showed up as being in Texas that time. If it bothered me I'd probably ban you, then show up later on VN with a different screenname and drop some personal info about you while also threatening to kick your ass. Then, I'd probably also send a messenger to meet you personally to let you know I wanted to kick your ass. Wait a minute, I'm not completely insane... forget all that.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  14. WesKrunker

WesKrunker Member

Yes

15. WesKrunker

WesKrunker Member

It was 84 and windy. Course was great until you got to the greens which were crusty as all get out and impossible to read.

16. WM

WM Active Member

Krunker will be at the 8th tailgate party.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Not watering at all?

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

For the record, am a Krunker fan. I understand the spot he's in here.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I appreciate that he post sporadically and hope it gets to the point that he is comfortable posting more. I never had a beef with him or Vader.

20. WesKrunker

WesKrunker Member

Couldn't really figure out what the problem was. They held OK which tells me they were watered but they still looked very stressed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.