Vols v. Bearcats.... anyone worried?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by UncleNeyland, Sep 4, 2011.

1. The Last Vol

The Last Vol New Member

I am.

2. UncleNeyland

UncleNeyland New Member

TN - 42 Cincy - 44

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yikes.

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Montana and APSU aren't close to the same level. Montana could probably win the Sun Belt. Not saying much, I know. However, Austin Peay wouldn't finish in the top half of any conference in the country.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And Tennessee had two terrible teams going against them.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Truth

7. UncleNeyland

UncleNeyland New Member

I agree Austin Peay is awful. I know that Montana would beat AP like a drunk stepfather in a wifebeater and a PBR in his hand. My argument isn't about the level of talent both teams played. It is about our performance up front on both sides of the ball and six fumbles.

It was a weird night with no T to run through and the weather effected the excitement and noise level. I hope next week we can get that place rocking. It could make a difference.

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I just don't get the PBR/Hipster thing.

9. UncleNeyland

UncleNeyland New Member

....you just have to close your eyes and visualize..... LOL

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Haha...I guess so..I certainly keep hearing it. I just feel like they are going to come to play and will stick around long enough to have a chance at it.

11. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

I'm not expecting another blowout from the outset, but I'd be kinda disappointed with a close game. Cincinnati was awful last year, and I don't see why they should be better this year.

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Wyoming sucked. Either UCLA team that beat us in the last two meeting would kick the shit out of this version of Cincinnati. Think about one of your weaker Kentucky teams--like, say this year--and you should have a pretty good picture of the Bearcats.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I mean, Tennessee isn't some great top 5 team. However, they didn't go 2-10 or 3-9 in the Big East.

Cincy runs an unorthodox offense. They can very likely put up points early but they cannot stop Bray and company. I'll say Cincy should score about 24-31 points.

Tennessee should put up 48-60 imo.

14. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Sounds like it's be a humdinger if you're right Justin

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If Tenenssee goes out, plays like they did Saturday, and finds some semblance of a running game, I think it's a 17-21 point win.

That said, if they can't run, I fully expect Bray to sling it 50 times.

16. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

And we have Tyler Bray

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

where do we fall in the realm of teams that suck?

18. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I think we will hang up a lot of points, but Im afraid Cincy will as well. Our secondary looked a bit lost for a majority of the game last Saturday

19. The Last Vol

The Last Vol New Member

Cincy will win by two scores if we fail to take care about the ball and hot dog around like we did last Saturday.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

hot dogging is immaterial, but laying it on the ground is a problem, as are running like a girl and failing to defend the little quick hits to the flat/wr screens.