we burned worley's redshirt.....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 22, 2011.

1. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Yes he can redshirt any year.

Really?

5/5 112 yards and a TD

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Call me crazy, but I think it was the right call. Get his 2 or 3 series tonight, and play him a lot against USCe.

3. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Yeah, really. Every play on the first Bama TD were busted plays where he should have been sacked but we never got to him.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or got to him and fell down

5. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

that too. You can't ask any secondary to cover their men for 20 seconds. They had the receivers covered and had McCarron scrambling and we let him get away with murder. Our front line is so awful.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jacques is legit. Malik is too.

Willie Bohannon is a very good pass rusher but he gets raped in the run game.

The rest are undersized guys playing out of position.

7. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

maybe, but we haven't gotten good pressure on any team all year long. Our only option at true pressure has been Gordon coming in.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

On both sides of the ball we are kind of like a prep school. Everywhere you look it's one and two-year guys. Not making excuses, just amazed the state of the program.

9. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

They knew they were playing him at some point tonight before the game started.

10. TennTradition

Strong post. Is that speculation (well-placed speculation, I might add) or do you *know* that?

11. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Know it.

12. TRUVOL

TRUVOL New Member

We aren't making a bowl.

13. TennTradition

Interesting. So this really is Bray v. 2.0 with regard to when he is put in the game. They might have waited about 5 minutes of game time too long in that case.

14. TRUVOL

TRUVOL New Member

I'm with you.

15. TennTradition

You don't think we can beat MTSU, Vandy, and UK? I think there is at least a chance that we do.

16. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

I think the coaches were probably shocked to be in the game for so long, to be honest with you.

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Which goes back to one of my only beefs with this staff to this point. What in the hell is so hard about making some in-game adjustments? Although any reaction is better than the clapping we put up with for years, the deer in headlights look is right up there in things I hate to see.

18. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

The second half collapses are beginning to reflect poorly on this staff. I think a lot of it is bad luck, but this shit is happening on a regular basis. I just wanted to chime in and say that injecting Worley into the game was not a knee jerk reaction on behalf of the coaching staff.

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I'm glad they're playing Worley. The bottom line is that we suck, and that needs to change. I don't want the coaches making qb decisions based on what they think might happen 2 or 3 years down the road. If rhings don't improve, those 3 year plans won't involve them.

Simms is awful. You can continue to trot him out there in effort to save Worley's redshirt, but it's not fair to the other 85-90 kids on the team. As long as Simms takes the field, the rest of the roster feels they don't have a chance. I don't think the coaching staff wants to rob the roster of their hope, all for the sake of a redshirt.

Further, Tennessee has a shot to be a contender in 2012. Suppose Bray has another injury at some point next season. With a team that solid, do we really want to throw Worley into the spotlight without any real game experience?

Flip that scenario....suppose Bray kills it next year and decides to go pro. Then you've got a rising junior in Worley who approaches the 2013 season with some experience under his belt.

[uck fay] Simms, [uck fay] Worley's redshirt, and [uck fay] fear. This is Tennessee. Play the dudes who can play and recruit more winners behind them.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Great post. You've got me pumped up. I need to hit something.