We're Seeing Today What A Joke The UT Fanbase Is.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Oct 11, 2014.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

We did technically get blown out, but we were within striking distance most of the game.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

How do you figure?

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

The points are in the same ballpark, but one is at least partly objective, and another is not.

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure how to respond to this. How about you start with telling me how all turnovers are the same.

5. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

We were maybe "within striking distance" if we had a competent play caller, offensive scheme, offensive line, etc. As UT exists in reality, no...we were never within striking distance in that game.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Surely that I felt it wasn't winnable was the corollary to your thinking it was. If you're saying I was closer because mine proved a helluva lot closer to reality than your "winnable", I fully understand. If you were leaning toward yours and the miracle transformation of our staff and offense, then I can't help you.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The other team gets the ball every single time. Worley does it a lot. I'm sure you've seen it.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I was talking about a couple of defensive touchdowns

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Because they all take away potential scoring possessions. That seemed obvious and I didn't think I would have to explain.

10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Oklahoma played like hot garbage in the 2nd half.

11. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

We've been hot garbage for 5 years.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So if we had tackled that guy on his one yard line rather than letting him take it back for six, it would have been the same? Saying all turnovers are the same is ludicrous. In our high school game last night, they fumbled in the end zone and we fell on it for a TD. Is that the same as when they fumbled on our 45 and we started our next drive right there?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

im sure you won't be surprised if I tell you that your percentage of scoring increases dramatically the closer you are to the end zone, thus making potential scoring possessions within the red zone dramatically more likely than potential scoring possessions at, say, your own 40.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Just let him roll.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Who gives a shat? You piss away points no matter where you turn it over.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Well, football coaches give a shat. It's worse to turn the ball over in the red zone than in the middle of the field because you have a much higher chance of scoring in the red zone. Coaches hate red zone turnovers more because, as I've said, the chances of scoring points are dramatically higher in the red zone. Thus, it feels more like you are pissing away points than if the fumble or INT had happened outside the red zone..

17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Just to be a devil's advocate(quite literally), Remember the Akron game in 2012? Was that a blowout?

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

21 point win = blowout. Seems pretty simple.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's a more painful turnover, but a turnover nonetheless. I don't see a stat for red zone turnovers on the stat sheet. UT isn't guaranteed to do a damn thing even if they don't turn the ball over there.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Red zone scoring percentage is a stat that is typically an indicator of red zone turnovers.