What happened to the wait and see approach?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, May 30, 2012.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

We have a fanbase that is collectively split on whether or not we have a good coach in Dooley. I have been on record as saying that I don't think that he is, as have many of you on this site. However, just as many people are sure that Dooley can get it done, not so much on this site, but on others. My question is this, don't we owe it to ourselves and the football program that we love to take the "kick back and wait and see approach"? I say this to the posi-vols who are so confident in CDD and the nega-vols who want him kicked in the river today. (I am eating a fair amount of crow while typing this, because I have been ready for change since the UK game.)
    The truth is that we really don't know how it is going to turn out. We know that the cons are far more abundant than the pros are when talking Dooley, but should we take the wait and see approach?

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

sitting on your hands is a great way to ensure your top targets go elsewhere. though it's not as though the fanbase has a choice one way or another.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I am with you on the wait and see, I just feel I've now done enough of that. I am ready. I think when we hired Dooley there was a pretty valid concern that he was awful. What has he done to quell that fear?

4. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

I'll kick back and watch this season. I have no choice. But I have come to the conclusion there are too many wrongs here to make it right.

Let NC state thump us and full uproar will be on. Everywhere.

5. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I agree that he hasn't done anything, thats what I meant by the cons far outweighing the pros, but whether we like it or not, he has this year, barring an unforeseen calamity.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm willing to wait, I just hope the powers that be are furtively getting a jumpstart on Dooley's successor.

7. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Hell, the majority of his staff didn't think the wait and see approach was a good thing either. You know shit is bad when Terry Joseph is jumping ship.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

and what do you see as the issue with the fanbase thinking he sucks?

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Perhaps a valid point. Joseph's departure really puzzled me.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I may be predicting an NC State victory. I would, if the game was played this month.

11. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I don't think there is an issue in it per say, but we know that he has a season left no matter what.

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Well he did work with Bo Pelini before to be fair but it isn't like he was in high demand and it isn't like Nebraska is a huge upgrade either. He obviously felt more job security working with a mediocre Pelini team than staying with Dooley.

13. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Agree kpt

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

How long would you suggest waiting to see if a coach from the dredges of the WAC can stand toe to toe with Saban, Miles, Spurrier, el alia? When will you have seen enough? How many record setting blowout losses, dead last finishes in our division, losses to Kentucky, coaching defections, embarrassing sportscenter highlights, and ceramic dogs will it take to make up your mind, or at the very least allow you to feel that others have enough information to make up their own?

15. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

How long would you suggest waiting to see if a coach from the dredges of the WAC can stand toe to toe with Saban, Miles, Spurrier, el alia? When will you have seen enough? How many record setting blowout losses, dead last finishes in our division, losses to Kentucky, coaching defections, embarrassing sportscenter highlights, and ceramic dogs will it take to make up your mind, or at the very least allow you to feel that others have enough information to make up their own?

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Haven't we had to endure enough of this "waiting amd seeing" under Dooley? He has sucked since the moment he was hired, in almost every aspect of his duties.

17. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Anyone who needs to "wait and see" to realize a guy who has produced losing seasons in 80% of his head coaching career isn't going to get it done in the SEC is an idiot.

18. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I agree with every bit of this. My main point of the post is that whether we like it or not, he has another season, and we really have no choice but to kick back and see what happens. What good does it do us to [itch bay] about him 93 days before kickoff? Hart already knows some of the fanbase is ready to explode on Dooley's ass. He doesn't need to be reminded of it everyday.

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Dave Hart probably already knows who the next coach will be.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yes, but if the admin doesn't hear from the fans that they want a change before the end of the season, it may not happen. Rarely is a guy fired for pissing off the fans after game 11. usually the train gets going well before that. personally i want a change at my school and complacency by the fanbase is absolutely what has kept the coach employed.