What would it take...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by TDVol1989, Nov 23, 2015.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

What would it take for Butch to WIN YOU OVER?

Look, we are all pretty much in agreement here and the dead horse has been SAVAGELY BEATEN related to Butch's job performance. He has done well at recruiting, but his coaching isn't just suspect...it is not good. But, here he is with 7 wins and likely 8. Thanks to the powers that be (vomit), that is going to get him a raise and extension and the reality, however painful it may be, is that we are likely stuck with this guy for the forseeable future. For the moment, just accept that he is here. Now, what does he have to do to win you over? Is there anything...even 5 Natty's in a row? It can be recruiting, wins, strategy, assistants, apologies, etc.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Winning 5 championships would definitely do it. But the only realistic thing he could do to win me over is leave.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Hire a legitimate OC and hand over the reigns to the offense. Butch is capable of being successful as a program manager.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Resign or make the playoff next year.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

No he isn't. He can't even manage the clock, call a timeout, or figure out when to go for two. We'd be better off if he stayed home on Saturdays.

7. TDVol1989

That's a big pride swallow, but it is a start for sure. You gotta wonder if he would oust his good buddy before a year where, once again, he should contend.

8. TDVol1989

So, this begs the question. Would you expect ANY new coach to contend in year 1 or be deserving of firing? Or is this thing just beyond repair? I mean, damn. He could legitimately be here 10 years and not make the playoff. That's the truth.

9. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

R Budd Dwyer himself.

10. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

I wonder what odds Vegas would give you for him winning a NC in the next 10 years.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think a good coach could come in next year and contend. The talent is there.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I assume it has been said - leave.

I'll root for his next team.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Damn.

14. juicemane

juicemane Member

Win the SEC

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I regret ever watching that damn video. Still haunts me

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It is rough.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Win the conference. At minimum, the division

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Meet or exceed expectations for UT Football - expectations at Tennessee are to win at least two SEC championships during a 10-year period and get to the SEC title game every three or four years, as well as play in BCS bowls with some regularity.

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Sec champs next year.

20. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

This.

Also, I would feel a lot better about his chances to ever do this if he would beat a good team.