What's For Dinner Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by fl0at_, Aug 26, 2011.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Noted. Adding to grocery list.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Made them a lot in school. Fast, easy, and mindless.

Those Near East couscous things are good. But yeah, some Zattaran's and sausage is the ticket.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

the asian chicken helper is unreal. add some sriracha and you're in business.

enjoy the sodium too.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

fish sauce makes a big difference. i know it sounds disgusting, but you'd be shocked as to the improvement. also am a big fan of sesame oil, lime juice, and hoisen. a great sauce can be made from sesame oil, fish sauce, peanut oil (olive oil works too), a lot of lime juice, and soy sauce.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Ok, anyone ever heard of or had Arrabbiata Sauce? It is a spicy tomato sauce blended with red chilies and olive oil eaten with pasta. A new Italian deli opened up here and this family who moved here from New York sells their own. I've also started to see some in the grocery store. Anyway, I tried it tonight with some pasta and shrimp and it's good... like, change the way you think about Italian food good. Just a shout out for arrabbiata.

Also [MENTION=14]droski[/MENTION] I picked up Hoisin sauce this week and will give it whirl this weekend.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Sister-in-law is taking me to Husk in Charleston Friday. Bon Appetit' Magazines's Best New Restaurant of the Year for 2011. I'll report back.

7. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

My wife made some sausage balls (for explanation sausage,cheese, flower, didn't want this to go some other way) and added buttermilk to the mix, It was awesome!