Who/what is the X-factor this year?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Vader

Vader New Member

The XI factor

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I generally drink the kool aid on Thursday for the first time on 1st game week, freak out on Friday and cry myself to sleep, and then Saturday I view the game like it's my own castration until the first Tennessee touchdown. From there, the bipolar disorder of the Fall overtakes me completely.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

For some reason I have a hard time believing he's really better than Marlon Walls at this point.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

As do I, but if he can, we'll have some solid ends.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

You have two more days to dare to dream before reality comes in and ends it. Might as well entertain the notion.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Think this is a good call. Dude made a few plays last year and he's a big athletic target. With the youth at WR it will be huge if he can become that reliable 3rd down guy.

7. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

If I had to guess, I would say that Walls and Martin are going to be all about stopping the run to give the young backers some time to adjust. I think most of the qb pressure we generate early in the season is going to be from SS and OLB. I'm like everybody else with Martin...I wonder how mobile he really is right now. I expect to see Smith in on 3rd and long situations. Just a guess....

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I feel better with Austin Johnson in the middle of them. Least natural talent of the three, but nice to have a senior anchoring the middle.

I think those three will be the x-factor.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

how about we're due on some mf'ing defense?

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

but our defense has generally sucked. Crompton killed us for two years, but the defense wasn't going to win anything anyway.

11. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Christ all Friday. It's like he used steroids and they all went to his neck.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Johnson was a pretty good fullback, too. I don't think he's all that lacking for a MLB.

13. volinbham

volinbham Member

X-factor = new stadium dogs; ones that are actually above ambient temperature

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Remember the Aramark years when those suckers were baking in the aluminum foil all day and tasted like a small piece of heaven? What I'd give for that...

15. volinbham

volinbham Member

All I know is that they were good once and the last few times they've seemed to be right out of the package. Course I was tanked when they were good.

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I typically just grab my balls and squeeze really hard... that way I can feel the team's pain.

17. volinbham

volinbham Member

I think back to the 1985 Vols - what was the x-factor then? At first it seemed T-rob was but when he went down at Bama the winning continued. The Sugarbowl smackdown was a huge surprise. So what was the x-factor that year? Some rumors it was cocaine. Let's hope we find another way this time.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I really like this quote by Sirmon

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I like that he's one of the few willing to dispense with the notion that the middle linebacker is the QB on defense.