Who will be the next OC?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Oldvol75, Jan 22, 2015.

1. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

I fear Butch will pick Azzani whether is ready, qualified, or competent.

2. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

enough with the odds making, tenny 'the greek'. this is a family site.

3. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

BJ likes loyalty so I believe his first impulse is to promote (Azzanni) from w/in.

If he should explore outside options than I like Seth Littrell, think he would be a good choice. jmo

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

5. Tenacious D

From Cumbie's bio on TCU website (he is very young and relatively new):

6. sellsman11

sellsman11 Member

What about John Jancek?! He made every team that we played better on offense.

7. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Randy Sanders - it's time to heal old wounds.

Tee Martin - Tennessee man, the only real qualification for many.

rbroyles - absolutely no experience, but I would like to attend games again, besides how hard can it be. Run when that is best, throw when that is best, punt when you should, go for it when you can make it. Score more points than opponent.

8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

The real question is would you be willing to bring your singing talents on the recruiting trail? That quite possibly could be what seals the deal.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

sick burn.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sanders and Martin are interesting ideas. I'd rather get the TCU guy, but hope we bring in someone not on staff currently no matter what.

11. MWR

MWR Contributor

That Rbroyles seems to have impeccable qualifications.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think hiring rbroyles would violate some fairness clause in the NCAA rulebook.

13. Tenacious D

The devastation wrought by hiring RB would violate the Geneva Conventions and several NATO Pacts.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Listening to the radio this morning and yesterday, and there are half of the people calling in wanting George Quarles from Maryville HS. No offense, as he is a great HS coach, but how does that qualify him to be an OC in a power 5, SEC all-time great program like UT? I do not understand the fascination with him.

It sounds notoriously like "we don't have enough Tennessee kids on the team!" type logic.

15. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

The success that guys like Malzahn, Briles, and Freeze have had is contributing to that I'm sure. And at the risk of sounding like a yokel, I honestly think they could do a lot worse than that guy.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don't really get why the mere suggestion is met with contempt. The guy is a good football coach and a good playcaller, and has been beating the crap out of teams that are a lot more physically talented for 15 years.

That being said, it would be awfully risky bringing a guy like that straight into the OC position.

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

You guys!!!

18. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

But the 8th Maxim would be my official web page, with a sky box for all admins and mods with all members having access to another one. All get to run through the "T"
    once per year led each game by OldVol. Tailgate each game, home AND away with jayvols in charge (all expenses paid Jay).

19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

If Freeze can be competent enough to be where he's at currently, I don't see why Quarles can't come in and eventually do the same. Not saying he would but if Freeze can then Quarles can, too.

20. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

CBJ in or out of his comfort zone?

I'm actually enjoying this bit of drama and uncertainty weighing on CBJ. Lots of layers. MB gone. ZA likely gone. Key recruits not signed / enrolled cautiously observing as NSD fast approaches. How BJ responds, who he interviews and eventually hires, how the recruits react to the hire should provide a different perspective into the man and coach than what we've witnessed to date. Looking forward to how it plays out.