Why Can't I Understand the UGA Love?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bigpapavol, Aug 23, 2011.

1. WM

WM Active Member

About time [ock sucker cay]. Welcome to the board, glad to have you.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Welcome Darth. Ten D will be happy to learn there is a [ock cay] OTB.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Welcome, Darth.

4. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Thanks, glad to be here! Again, awesome site you have here.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You made it!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Florida's D should be plenty good enough to win it, but I could say the same for South Carolina. Unless Weis really works miracles, Lattimore and Jeffrey are probably better. Got to stick with SC to repeat.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

because he has a tremendous amount of talent that lost last year because the OC was an idiot and the DC wasn't much better. Place was rudderless last year. The roster is solid, but someone has to deploy the kids to win. The weakness will be the passing game, but it's not because they lack athletes or ability. I know people like to knock Brantley, but the kid looks like a QB to me. His deer in the headlight problems were as much a lack of coaching and reps as anything.

I don't like to think UF will be better, but I damn sure think they will.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm actually a believer that weis is a good OC, but the reports on brantley out of camp are not looking very good. but as justin says it might not matter considering how good the D is.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

haven't seen any reports from camp, just going from watching him play last couple of seasons. Kid has a very good and accurate arm. He might be struggling with all the offenses and picking up a new one, while being essentially uncoached for the last couple seasons.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

was certainly a stud in HS.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

and made some throws last year, under pressure, that were big time. I'm sure he's struggling with a real offense after growing up in the Mullen world, but I suspect he can play. Doesn't hurt that UF's OLine recruiting has been money for the past several years and they have serious talent to step into the D. Guys like Matt Elam are just waiting to become stars.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Offense or Defense?

Tennessee is probably number 1 at WR, number 2 or 3 at TB (if Lane is the real deal he'll be battling Crowell and Lattimore for #1 but there's a lot of unproven guys there for Tennessee) QB is right there at #1 with Murray from UGA and TE isn't exactly high.

What kills Tennessee is the DL and a very young OL.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If Charlie had 2 or 3 years with Brantley I would be worried.

I think Brantley has the physical tools to be good but his confidence is shattered. It will probably take him 4 or 5 games to get it right if at all.