With all due respect to Simms as a person let me say to him

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by WM, Oct 22, 2011.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The patsy games also look a lot different with him at the helm. I know we're piling on and I hate it for the kid, but it has been awful.

My gut tells me that since he grew up around the game with an overachieving father / player / commentator, that he probably knows the game very well. It hasn't remotely translated to the field, but it might work out from a coaching standpoint and his self-confidence will finally be a boon to him.

2. VOLinthaNati

VOLinthaNati ****ing Beast

Why the hell is there so much stuff between each post?

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

gotta get all that jazz on the left in there. Granted, I know what almost none of it means, but it's there.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Some Dooley quotes on Simms and Worley.

"We have a lot of data to make a switch. We don’t have a lot of data on Justin... I don’t know what it is going to look like on Saturday... but I just feel like it’s the right thing to do.”

Essentially saying what we've been speculating. Doesn't know how Worley will do, but Simms has proven bad enough that an unknown is worth the risk.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

did say that he liked Worley's head and arm and the fact that he has a ton of passing reps. I don't think he was as blase about it as we are.

Bottom line, he knows for sure that Simms isn't the guy and feels like this is a step forward rather than back.

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I think it's also an attempt to not lose the team at this juncture. You can see the frustration on the field and rather than continue sending Simms out there why not try something else to keep the players tuned in? Like kpt said, Simms has proven bad enough that the unknown is worth the risk.