Track and Field

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by DeonG, Jun 13, 2023.

1. DeonG

DeonG Active Member

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't know how to handle all this success. UT was once a force in track and field. We need to get back there.

3. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Danny White made probably his most controversial decision to date when he fired the track coach last year after a pretty good year. Looks like it’s working out

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Ross is a potentially great hire and should be a solid recruiter. He turned North Carolina A&T into a national power, finishing third at the NCAA meet for the men and fourth for the women in 2021.

If anything, Ross should have us getting elite talent in, particularly, the hurdles, but probably also the sprints and long jump. It will be interesting to see if he can get a more well rounded team to compete with the Arkansas, Floridas and LSUs of the track world.

VolDad likes this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

UT is the home of the current fastest man and woman on earth for the year 2024.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Random and not UT related but my cousin’s twins run the 4x400 relay in Texas 6A track. They just set a region 4 record at 3:13.58 to win regions and are going to state next. Best I can tell they won’t win there but that team is pretty damn fast.

InVolNerable likes this.