View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Butch Jones a history of average

Butch Jones, a myriad of failures covered up by recruiting classes:

Let’s take a look, starting in 2013, year one for most coaches, year zero for others. We’ll go easy on Butch here, as he took over from an incompetent, well coifed loser in Derek Dooley. He had an all SEC offensive line, what appeared to be a great freshman receiver in Marquez North and a serviceable QB in Justin Worley. What does Butch do?

He attempts to install a read option based offense with a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. JT5 with the call

The 8th's very own JT5 got to get in a call in today's hard fought victory against out of conference rival, and very good football team, Tennessee Tech.

In case you missed it, being wrapped up in the excitement of being bowl eligible for the third straight year, we have transcribed the call below.

Quote Originally Posted by JT5
    "3rd and 16, Dobbs back to pass..looking....looking....got a man! Complete to a wide open Josh Smith for a 4 yard gain, and steps out of bounds on the near sideline!.....boy,
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Brad Watts story

Brad and I came in to UT as freshmen together. Freshmen had to be there 3 days before the upper classmen. A few of us linemen types were out on the practice field doing things on our own. We came upon these padded 2x12's that were planted in the ground. We figured out that these were for giving forearms and rolling to the next one and repeat. Well three of us went and did what we thought the drill should be. Brad went last. The very first one that Brad gave a forearm to, he broke the board off. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Hawkeyes are a fresh canary for the Brick Mines.

The Hawkeyes are a fresh canary for the Brick Mines. Don't get me wrong, there is already a growing pile of twitching and gasping little birds laying at the feet of Lyle Jones. But let's play pretend for a moment and go on a little journey of the mind:

Let's say you are a sunshine-pumping true fan. Butch is the man, and is turning this program around before your very asymmetric eyes and the evidence for this is seemingly right underneath your bulbous troglodytic nose. I know, I know, ...
  5. The Tiers and Rankings of SEC Teams after Week One

Alright fellow Volunteers, here is how I see things as of now.

Based on the limited information of one week of college football, the perception of teams of the SEC fall into three tiers:

The Gentry

The gentry class teams include the perennially powdered Alabama and LSU, scandalously underachieving Georgia, and defending conference champion Auburn. Note that since there are three of these teams in the West, at least one of them is going to lose ...
Page 1 of 119 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast