View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Thoughts on Hoops: What I Would Tell Cuonzo

Mike Hamilton -- and Bruce Pearl -- did a very good thing by honoring the past greats over the last several years. For me, it might be Hamilton's most significant achievement, save the difficult, though necessary, forced resignation of Philip Fulmer. In the last five years, the Vols have hung banners honoring: John Ward, Ray Mears, Bernard King, Ernie Grunfeld, and Allan Houston. I was in attendance for all but Houston's, which I regret given that Allan Houston's jumper was permanently burned ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Halfcourt Trap: History Lesson Edition.

Wisconsin faces their biggest challenge to date this weekend. Missouri to the SEC appears to be a fait accompli. Conference realignment madness has filtered down to the Mountain West and Conference USA. The NBA players and owners are now working with the mediator who helped break the NFL's stalemate. The World Series begins tonight. Jim Harbaugh and Jim Schwartz may be on the undercard at Survivor Series. All good subjects for discussion. All can wait til another day. It's Tennessee-Alabama week. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Perfect Part

Just had to throw that out there...

Well, Tennessee put up a valiant effort against an LSU team that's a national title contender. I feel a lot better after this loss than I did the UGA loss. Simms is what he is and the defense showed it can slow down a big physical back. Maggitt had arguably his best game as a Vol.

Now, Tennessee gets to face off against the hated Crimson Tide of Alabama. If the offensive line can ...

Updated 10-20-2011 at 02:51 PM by justingroves

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Power Sink: Mixed Feelings Edition.

After UT's most recent loss, in which once again there was no shot at victory, I began to think about the situation in Knoxville around all sports. It appears that the Vol faithful have had to rob Peter to pay Paul when it comes to having anything worth cheering for. At some point, we as fans have to wonder when the break is finally going to go our way. With injury problems and coaching changes that have depleted rosters, the sunrise still may be beyond the immediate horizon. Let's dig a little ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Halfcourt Trap: Turning Points Edition.

This weekend is loaded with significant sports storylines. The League Championship Series are coming down to the wire. The usual football feast is on the table. College basketball teams hit the floor for practice. There's no shortage of conversation starters. Let's get down to business.

1. Cruz Control. There's no lack of star power in the American League Championship Series. Josh Hamilton and Justin Verlander burn brightly enough by themselves to carry the day. However, through five ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 101 of 119 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast