View RSS Feed

IP

1. The Hawkeyes are a fresh canary for the Brick Mines.

The Hawkeyes are a fresh canary for the Brick Mines. Don't get me wrong, there is already a growing pile of twitching and gasping little birds laying at the feet of Lyle Jones. But let's play pretend for a moment and go on a little journey of the mind:

Let's say you are a sunshine-pumping true fan. Butch is the man, and is turning this program around before your very asymmetric eyes and the evidence for this is seemingly right underneath your bulbous troglodytic nose. I know, I know, ...
  2. The Tiers and Rankings of SEC Teams after Week One

Alright fellow Volunteers, here is how I see things as of now.

Based on the limited information of one week of college football, the perception of teams of the SEC fall into three tiers:

The Gentry

The gentry class teams include the perennially powdered Alabama and LSU, scandalously underachieving Georgia, and defending conference champion Auburn. Note that since there are three of these teams in the West, at least one of them is going to lose ...
  3. Moving the Tennessee Athletic Department into the 21st Century

The year 2012 is upon us, and we are firmly into the 21st century. Yet, much of how various aspects of UT athletics conducts business-- and many of the restraints and challenges it faces-- have remained unchanged since the days of Johnny Major. As we now stand on the precipice of the end of the Mayan Long Count Calendar's "fourth world" and perhaps soon our 4th head coach in five years, it is time to harness the cutting edge technologies and advances of today and re-purpose them in the ...

Updated 01-04-2012 at 05:49 PM by IP

Categories
    General Bloggery
  4. Panic Attack- ICU Whiteboard

University of Tennessee has a damn fine football brand. It had been a sleeping giant in the SEC for about 6 or more years. After the tragic events of this past Saturday, it is perhaps more of a comatose and unusually gangly fellow on life support to the untrained eye.

And Nurse Hart, the colostomy bag is full.

This patient will recover, with proper treatment and medication. Entertaining homeopathic remedies and candlelight vigils as the sole methods of treatment ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Panic Attack- Dear God, Say We've Found the Bottom

We sit in a frustratingly similar predicament. It is the beginning of November, and we have to go on an absolute tear to even qualify for a bowl. I often wonder in low times like this if we have finally done it-- found the absolute low water mark of this era for Tennessee football. Is this it? A winless October, 0-5 in the SEC, despite being in a very down SEC East?

The Blue Raiders hope not. They hope we find another few rungs of the ladder to slip down this Saturday with a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast