View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Cuonzo, Racism, and BBB: Parrish the Thought

In his article, Gary Parrish trots out the canard of the petition demanding Cuonzo's firing and throws in some nice unsubstantiated racism claims as well. I thought that was lazy and/or reprehensible on his part, though his position is certainly not unique among his peers (looking at you Dana O'Brien).

Anyways, with regards to the petition and racism: who ultimately made the decision to not make a bigger, longer-term commitment to Cuonzo? It's Dave Hart, right? I'm sure there was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. University ContestNight week 3 (Sep 13 - 15)

Alright boys, so it's time to look back at Week 3...

What, you say Week 4 has already begun? That can't be right, unless... yep, Kent State and Buffalo sold out their tradition for the almighty ESPNU dollar and played on Wednesday. Shame on you guys. I remember a time when values meant more than...

Hold on, there was a Thursday game too? And it's a commonly accepted scheduling date? OK. You win this time. Bad job outta me. (ed. note - There went Friday)
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. University ContestNight Week 2 (Sep 6 - 8)

Quote Originally Posted by dknash View Post
    It has come to my attention that a similar naming scheme has caused some to view this endeavor as a cheap knockoff of College Gameday. Let me assure you, nothing could be further from the truth. University ContestNight cares little about "Top 25 Matchups," or "good games," or "the water cooler." Instead, we highlight games based largely on the sum of the embarrassment felt, the bizarreness of the result, and the hokeyness of any awarded trophy. Our expert panel
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Unversity ContestNight Week 1 (Aug 30 - Sep 3)

Quote Originally Posted by dknash View Post
    A few scores I found interesting:

Ur Doin' It Wrong - BCS teams from different conferences playing each other week 1, not at neutral site, non-rivalry (possibly excludes Big East since I can't remember which abject programs are left in it)

Northwestern 42, Syracuse 41 - probably a legitimately great game. Fun fact, Syracuse outgained Northwestern by 260 yards.

Embarrassing the SEC - Kentucky

Louisville 32, Kentucky 14 - At least Kentucky

Updated 09-04-2012 at 02:10 AM by dknash

Categories
    Uncategorized