Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: GOP's "Splitter Strategy" Failed, Backfires

The law is of supreme importance, or no importance.
    Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

Default GOP's "Splitter Strategy" Failed, Backfires

Basically, this blog details the plan behind how the GOPe (GOP Establishment) not only made changes to its primary process, but flooded the field with "splitter candidates", designed to split and dilute the support away from all candidates who might challenge their anointed choice, Jeb Bush.

It's why the GOP passed a rule that no state primary held before March 15th could award delegates in a winner-take-all format, but only proportionally, instead.

It's why Lindsey Graham, Kasich, Rubio, Cruz, Fiorina and a host of other candidates were "running"....but never really ran, anywhere or to anything.

And not only has Trump destroyed the plan, but the GOP is left with a bunch of candidates who they know aren't good enough to be "the guy"....because that's the precise reason that they are in the race, to begin with.

Also, in light of Romney's latest nonsense, it should be mentioned that it was just how they hoped to do the same with Romney, just 4 years ago.

I'm not going to re-post the whole thing here. It is lengthy, but a good read. It is not from a mainstream source, or one which I know to be reputable. It could contain any number of fatally flawed points, but I didn't find any.

Link: http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...tter-strategy/

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious D View Post
    Basically, this blog details the plan behind how the GOPe (GOP Establishment) not only made changes to its primary process, but flooded the field with "splitter candidates", designed to split and dilute the support away from all candidates who might challenge their anointed choice, Jeb Bush.

It's why the GOP passed a rule that no state primary held before March 15th could award delegates in a winner-take-all format, but only proportionally, instead.

It's why Lindsey Graham, Kasich, Rubio, Cruz, Fiorina and a host of other candidates were "running"....but never really ran, anywhere or to anything.

And not only has Trump destroyed the plan, but the GOP is left with a bunch of candidates who they know aren't good enough to be "the guy"....because that's the precise reason that they are in the race, to begin with.

Also, in light of Romney's latest nonsense, it should be mentioned that it was just how they hoped to do the same with Romney, just 4 years ago.

I'm not going to re-post the whole thing here. It is lengthy, but a good read. It is not from a mainstream source, or one which I know to be reputable. It could contain any number of fatally flawed points, but I didn't find any.

Link: http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...tter-strategy/

it says a lot that their "anointed choice" finished behind pretty much all of them
    Tennessee, sono solo con te, sempre per te, ma madonna, lo fai difficile qualche volta....

Any thing to the Romney led civil war

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeEmpire View Post
    Cant imagine anything Romney led amounting to much.
    "We have a chart for that"

Quote Originally Posted by Beechervol View Post
    Cant imagine anything Romney led amounting to much.
    Ryan jumped on board..........it's to the point of being comical.

This whole scenario was predicated on Trump being a non factor. Heck, I thought Bush would have painted Trump in a negative light and ran away from him. It's unreal to watch how Trump has taken over.

Per Cruz this morning:

"A brokered convention is the pipe dream of the Washington establishment," Cruz told reporters ahead of his rally in Orono, Maine, but added, "In my view, a brokered convention ain't going to happen."

Cruz said that if the Washington establishment tried to steal the nomination from the GOP front-runner, currently Donald Trump, it could cause a revolt. That's why he emphasized how important it is for him to win the 1,237 delegates needed to clinch the nomination.

I don't know that Trump would be the best thing for our country, but I hope he goes 3rd party and crushes the Ds and the Rs

I think the majority of Americans are not happy with the political process as it exists today. They are looking for anything anti-political-establishment. A lot of them think they have found this in Trump.

These "Trumpeteers" may be correct. And they may be wrong. We'll all find out if Trump gets elected. And he may win it, after all Americans love a successful person.

Saw this on facebook.

Progressive?

Ryan jumped on board..........it's to the point of being comical.

This whole scenario was predicated on Trump being a non factor. Heck, I thought Bush would have painted Trump in a negative light and ran away from him. It's unreal to watch how Trump has taken over.
    It is. They misjudged not only Trump but a large portion of the voters they need.

Since his ball got rolling they have helped him out (along with the media) trying to bring him down by all means necessary.

At this point there is a better chance that Trump is able to move the establishment party goers to vote for him before the "Trumpeteers" just jump to Cruz or Rubio knowing the machine destroyed Trumps chances.

I have no idea if Trump could do the job well, no different than I know Rubio or Cruz are gonna do it right, but he has shaken up the political landscape and that is welcomed by me.
    "We have a chart for that"

The law is of supreme importance, or no importance.
    Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

Quote Originally Posted by VolDad View Post
    Per Cruz this morning:

"A brokered convention is the pipe dream of the Washington establishment," Cruz told reporters ahead of his rally in Orono, Maine, but added, "In my view, a brokered convention ain't going to happen."

Cruz said that if the Washington establishment tried to steal the nomination from the GOP front-runner, currently Donald Trump, it could cause a revolt. That's why he emphasized how important it is for him to win the 1,237 delegates needed to clinch the nomination.
    The notion that this can be settled at the convention hurts Cruz, both in donations and delegates. He thinks he has a better chance of winning the primaries than winning a brokered convention. Wait until he loses about a dozen more states.

And notice, he doesn't disavow a brokered convention, but rather, just believes it is unlikely.

Brokered convention is Paul Ryan. It can't be Rubio or Cruz because of the way they've gone after Trump. It really can't be anyone that ran against Trump and got less votes. Too much bad blood.

Poll as of March 4th; more than Cruz an Rubio combined

http://polling.reuters.com/#!poll/TR...se/spotlight/1

Quote Originally Posted by A-Smith View Post
    Brokered convention is Paul Ryan. It can't be Rubio or Cruz because of the way they've gone after Trump. It really can't be anyone that ran against Trump and got less votes. Too much bad blood.
    So, nominate the dude who ran with the dude who got his ass kicked by Obama in '12. That sounds exactly like the kind of brilliant scheme the GOP would concoct.

Leaves Romney to get nominated.
    Do unto others before they do unto you

Quote Originally Posted by JT5 View Post
    So, nominate the dude who ran with the dude who got his ass kicked by Obama in '12. That sounds exactly like the kind of brilliant scheme the GOP would concoct.
    I think we all know that the main problem with that was the top of the ticket. That and that it is pretty tough unseating a President.

I think we all know that the main problem with that was the top of the ticket. That and that it is pretty tough unseating a President.
    I think we all know that Paul Ryan isnt beating Hillary Clinton, or Donald Trump for that matter, in an election.

Quote Originally Posted by JT5 View Post
    I think we all know that Paul Ryan isnt beating Hillary Clinton, or Donald Trump for that matter, in an election.
    I actually have no clue. Trump is running in the general with an "R" by his name or no though. That much is clear. Hillary is a really flawed candidate and if the GOP wasn't a total cluster this year, they would beat her handily with almost anyone.

I wish the Rinos had this much intensity fighting Obama's spending over the past 7 years than they did the last couple of months on Trump. The voters gave them a majority and these spineless Rino's simply threw eggs in their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Country Vol View Post
    I wish the Rinos had this much intensity fighting Obama's spending over the past 7 years than they did the last couple of months on Trump. The voters gave them a majority and these spineless Rino's simply threw eggs in their faces.
    They didn't do it while in full control with W either.

Quote Originally Posted by Volst53 View Post
    They didn't do it while in full control with W either.
    Nope. Fiscal conservatism has been dead for some time. We're more likely to spot a unicorn than a true fiscal conservative.

Lyle's lynch mob community organizer
    IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

The deficit has decreased under Obama, for the record
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac61 View Post
    I tried. I will continue to embarrass you in front of your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by VolDad View Post
    Poll as of March 4th; more than Cruz an Rubio combined

http://polling.reuters.com/#!poll/TR...se/spotlight/1
    March 04, 2016

995 RESPONDENTS

Donald Trump 33.1%
    Wouldn’t vote 22.6%
    Ted Cruz 15.0%
    Marco Rubio 12.9%
    Ben Carson i9.0%
    John Kasich i7.4%

Can you explain this?
    Last edited by rbroyles; 03-05-2016 at 01:57 AM.
    Speak your mind but ride a fast horse.

Getting older is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by IP View Post
    Funny

Quote Originally Posted by IP View Post
    Just because of creative accounting though. It's like a NFL team signing a player and back loading the salary cap hit at the end of his contract

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast