Page 897 of 901 FirstFirst ... 397 797 847 887 895 896 897 898 899 ... LastLast
Results 22,401 to 22,425 of 22518

Thread: OWH Memorial Undead Topic

  1. #22401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmf600 View Post
    I've been on an old fashioned drink kick lately. Not sure where it came from.
    Probably because it's the finest cocktail created by man.

  2. #22402

    Default

    I drank 2 last night infused with Bentons bacon.
    Cursed Ebola stricken zombies - this is Tennessee football.

  3. #22403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gcbvol View Post
    Probably because it's the finest cocktail created by man.
    yes. No orange /cherry bullshit though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac61 View Post
    Not bright enough? Where does that even come from. I'm 31 years old and a highly decorated journalist. Ive done more things in 3 decades then most will in their entire life. I am certainly bright and intelligent. I work in a field that demands it.

  4. #22404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InVolNerable View Post
    yes. No orange /cherry bullshit though.
    Exactly. Muddled fruit or anything more than orange twist has no place in an OF.

  5. #22405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InVolNerable View Post
    yes. No orange /cherry bullshit though.
    I like your style, Dude.

  6. #22406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmf600 View Post
    I like your style, Dude.
    But do you have to swear so much?
    "Almost all close games are lost by the losers, not won by the winners." - Gen Neyland

  7. #22407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NorrisAlan View Post
    But do you have to swear so much?
    The **** are you talking about?

  8. #22408

    Default

    "Almost all close games are lost by the losers, not won by the winners." - Gen Neyland

  9. #22409
    fl0at_'s Avatar
    Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck
    fl0at_ Certified Teller of Truths fl0at_ Certified Teller of Truths

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13,092
    See Ignore List

    Default

    You guys are making them wrong.

    A mint julep is muddled sugar water, fresh mint leaves. Ice and bourbon.

    That's it.

    I'm not sure where this other stuff is coming from, or why you are ruining perfectly good bourbon making anything else.
    Do unto others before they do unto you

  10. #22410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fl0at_ View Post
    You guys are making them wrong.

    A mint julep is muddled sugar water, fresh mint leaves. Ice and bourbon.

    That's it.

    I'm not sure where this other stuff is coming from, or why you are ruining perfectly good bourbon making anything else.
    *Crushed ice

    Important distinction

    Honestly, I prefer rye in an old fashioned. Lot's of people make both Old Fashioneds and Manhattans with bourbon, but a good rye gives it more depth of flavor.

  11. #22411

    Default

    I drink Glenfiddich from the bottle. Am I doing it wrong?

  12. #22412

    Default

    Best bourbon out there is ______________________?
    Cursed Ebola stricken zombies - this is Tennessee football.

  13. #22413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emainvol View Post
    *Crushed ice

    Important distinction

    Honestly, I prefer rye in an old fashioned. Lot's of people make both Old Fashioneds and Manhattans with bourbon, but a good rye gives it more depth of flavor.
    I prefer rye as well, but typically never use the premium stuff. I've been going with Knob Creek lately but probably wouldn't use something like WhistlePig. I also like to mix bitters to further develop flavor.

  14. #22414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CardinalVol View Post
    Best bourbon out there is ______________________?
    That's a tough question. Are we talking about the stuff possible to obtain?

  15. #22415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gcbvol View Post
    That's a tough question. Are we talking about the stuff possible to obtain?
    Everyday normal day stuff.
    Cursed Ebola stricken zombies - this is Tennessee football.

  16. #22416

    Default

    I am fascinated by all this alcohol talk, as I cannot stand any of it. I am happy you folks get joy out of it, but you might as well be talking about your favorite brand of shit for a sandwich.
    "Almost all close games are lost by the losers, not won by the winners." - Gen Neyland

  17. #22417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NorrisAlan View Post
    I am fascinated by all this alcohol talk, as I cannot stand any of it. I am happy you folks get joy out of it, but you might as well be talking about your favorite brand of shit for a sandwich.
    I long ago gave up the enjoyment of getting hammered, but I enjoy a good drink every now and then. More of a beer guy, but the old fashioned I had this weekend rekindled a bourbon enjoyment.
    Cursed Ebola stricken zombies - this is Tennessee football.

  18. #22418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CardinalVol View Post
    Everyday normal day stuff.
    Blanton's
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac61 View Post
    Not bright enough? Where does that even come from. I'm 31 years old and a highly decorated journalist. Ive done more things in 3 decades then most will in their entire life. I am certainly bright and intelligent. I work in a field that demands it.

  19. #22419

    Default

    If not having a cocktail or wine I typically sip scotch. I like pretty much everything Glenmorangie produces and my favorite peaty scotch is Ardbeg, usually their Uigeadail. Everyday bourbons I enjoy are Four Roses small batch and single barrel, Dickel 12 and Woodford. My current favorite sipping bourbon is probably Jefferson's Ocean.
    Last edited by gcbvol; 07-17-2017 at 06:04 PM.

  20. #22420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CardinalVol View Post
    I long ago gave up the enjoyment of getting hammered, but I enjoy a good drink every now and then. More of a beer guy, but the old fashioned I had this weekend rekindled a bourbon enjoyment.
    I don't find any enjoyment in getting hammered. I go straight to puking my guts out
    Tennessee, sono solo con te, sempre per te, ma madonna, lo fai difficile qualche volta....

  21. #22421
    fl0at_'s Avatar
    Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck
    fl0at_ Certified Teller of Truths fl0at_ Certified Teller of Truths

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13,092
    See Ignore List

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CardinalVol View Post
    Everyday normal day stuff.
    WL Weller
    Do unto others before they do unto you

  22. #22422
    fl0at_'s Avatar
    Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck
    fl0at_ Certified Teller of Truths fl0at_ Certified Teller of Truths

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13,092
    See Ignore List

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justingroves View Post
    I drink Glenfiddich from the bottle. Am I doing it wrong?
    No
    Do unto others before they do unto you

  23. #22423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NorrisAlan View Post
    I am fascinated by all this alcohol talk, as I cannot stand any of it. I am happy you folks get joy out of it, but you might as well be talking about your favorite brand of shit for a sandwich.
    If they were talking about beer, I'd agree. It's all shit to me. I can't tell a difference between any of it.

  24. #22424
    fl0at_'s Avatar
    Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck
    fl0at_ Certified Teller of Truths fl0at_ Certified Teller of Truths

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13,092
    See Ignore List

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emainvol View Post
    *Crushed ice

    Important distinction

    Honestly, I prefer rye in an old fashioned. Lot's of people make both Old Fashioneds and Manhattans with bourbon, but a good rye gives it more depth of flavor.
    Very much so. I use a rolling pin and and cut piece of cloth. Ice sticks to cotton. Haven't tried a leg from an old pair of jeans.

    I guess I could use the crusher on the fridge door.
    Do unto others before they do unto you

  25. #22425
    fl0at_'s Avatar
    Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck
    fl0at_ Certified Teller of Truths fl0at_ Certified Teller of Truths

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13,092
    See Ignore List

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by utvol0427 View Post
    If they were talking about beer, I'd agree. It's all shit to me. I can't tell a difference between any of it.
    You can't tell the difference between an IPA and a Pilsner like Bud light?
    Do unto others before they do unto you

Page 897 of 901 FirstFirst ... 397 797 847 887 895 896 897 898 899 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •