Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: If I did it- how I would set up a new NCAA14 dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by midtownvol83 View Post
    Granted Brandon Harris is only like an 80 overall but he misses by 15 yards if he's not perfectly set every time.
    I would argue that playing with Josh Dobbs is probably worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
    Wow. Sounded like an epic game.
    Honestly, my only beef with the sliders is the robo QB and sometimes erratic user QB.

Bama played pretty similar to what I would expect against an elite team. They had dudes laying people out. Had a lot of drops like that. One dude made some diving deflection that was pretty sick. Scarbrough was breaking tackles everywhere. They had two really nice picks too.

Unfortunately in tight games, CPU decision making is poor. And time management is bad. Never runs clock until very late

Quote Originally Posted by VB View Post
    Honestly, my only beef with the sliders is the robo QB and sometimes erratic user QB.

Bama played pretty similar to what I would expect against an elite team. They had dudes laying people out. Had a lot of drops like that. One dude made some diving deflection that was pretty sick. Scarbrough was breaking tackles everywhere. They had two really nice picks too.

Unfortunately in tight games, CPU decision making is poor. And time management is bad. Never runs clock until very late
    How do you feel about the user pass blocking? Some plays Kent State would get to the QB in like 1-2 seconds. I must have given up 20 sacks in 3 games. Maybe my oline sucks.

But yes the CPU/user QB accuracy need to be flopped.

The other thing I might question is the speed threshold. Not sure what it's at but would like to see a more obvious speed advantage vs a Kent State and FCS school when youre a 90+ team.

I'm honestly surprised nobody has mentioned the slow speed of the running backs yet.

It's like running in quicksand when they get the ball.

How do you feel about the user pass blocking? Some plays Kent State would get to the QB in like 1-2 seconds. I must have given up 20 sacks in 3 games. Maybe my oline sucks.

But yes the CPU/user QB accuracy need to be flopped.

The other thing I might question is the speed threshold. Not sure what it's at but would like to see a more obvious speed advantage vs a Kent State and FCS school when youre a 90+ team.
    I'm not sure how the speed threshold actually matters. Feel like it plays like that on heisman.

Pass blocking may be a little low, but mine isn't good and I feel like they get beat realistically enough. But I can still sit for a while and find my receivers

I'm honestly surprised nobody has mentioned the slow speed of the running backs yet.

It's like running in quicksand when they get the ball.
    That can be easily remedied with the RB ability slider

If everyone has played, I'll advance this later tonight after I get home and play.

Lyle's lynch mob community organizer
    IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

Remember that how you drop back and move in the pocket affects how the AI gets by the O-line. It is all animations, so sometimes just going back too far will trigger blitzers to get released. definitely moving outside the tackles, no matter how naturally, organically, or slightly, seemed to trigger the far side DE to release. It is counter-intuitive, but you are rewarded for not dropping back any more than the snap animation and not reacting to the pocket getting pushed.

Or at least that is how I remember it. This is directly why shotgun was so popular and "overpowered." If you just snap and don't move, you get consistent (not perfect though) protection for the first few seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac61 View Post
    I tried. I will continue to embarrass you in front of your friends.

IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

just remember that all of these games are shit. EA does a better job with pretty much every other sport. No one has really ever gotten football right, because there are 22 interacting pieces, where as in FIFA or something off the ball stuff is more about spacing rather than actually two players engaging one another.

Pretty sure the linemen trigger animations off their block once you push the sprint button with the QB. To nerf scrambling QB maniacs

I'm curious how everyone else is doing in the passing game. Mine is abysmal with these sliders.

VB, are you able to get much yardage through the air given Trevor Knight has 80 accuracy? It looks like everyone else has 74 accuracy below with their QBs.

Then again it's quite possible that I just suck throwing the ball.

I can only pretty much run the 2009 Harry screenfense for passing. However the CPU rails me with crossing routes if I go man coverage.

Sometimes I get lucky with a busted play to the TE for a long TD.

I'm curious how everyone else is doing in the passing game. Mine is abysmal with these sliders.

VB, are you able to get much yardage through the air given Trevor Knight has 80 accuracy? It looks like everyone else has 74 accuracy below with their QBs.

Then again it's quite possible that I just suck throwing the ball.
    Not terrible. Threw for 400+ against Alabama, but I was down most of the second half. So I had to.

I'm probably averaging north of 300 a game. The off target throws are normally my incompletions

Status
    See Ignore List

Quote Originally Posted by VB View Post
    Pretty sure the linemen trigger animations off their block once you push the sprint button with the QB. To nerf scrambling QB maniacs
    Instant rip move, for sure

It feels like Dobbs has 7 or 8 throws a game where he misses by 15 yards or more.

[QUOTE=midtownvol83;785082]I can only pretty much run the 2009 Harry screenfense for passing. However the CPU rails me with crossing routes if I go man coverage.

Those have been my "go to" routes as well.

It feels like Dobbs has 7 or 8 throws a game where he misses by 15 yards or more.
    So you're saying the game depicts his college career pretty accurately?
    It's not an excuse, it's an explanation.

Honestly thinking about starting Sheriron Jones over him.

I don't think it's Dobbs. I've never had QBs miss by 15 yards until we used these sliders.

Harris's accuracy is a 73. Then I've got Etling at 83 and a freshman at 71.

My QBs are screwed till I get a good recruit.

My QB accelerates better than Fournette with the current sliders.

Just avoided the upset Cam Newton and Auburn.. nm that was Sean White. Field goal in the final seconds off the front of the FG post.

If you ain't first, at least you tried
    RockyHillVol Complete Neutral

Status
    See Ignore List

Just avoided the upset Cam Newton and Auburn.. nm that was Sean White. Field goal in the final seconds off the front of the FG post.
    Just feel lucky they didn't start Jeremy Johnson.

I think we need to bump the RBA slider for users a little.

I like how they didn't make the QBs On this roster with amazing accuracy. Once we get recruits in, it won't matter, but it's fun now

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast