Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Where My Boyzz At?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious D View Post
    I've been doing this for 4+ years. I DVR most games, and delete them if we lose.
    How I handle most games.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQuickkick View Post
    I still think it's unfair to compare him to Dooley because of all the other things he does do well. But he's just bizarre on game day
    He and Dooley have the same record through 27 games. He may recruit better, but he has assistants worse than Dooley. DeBord is the offensive equivalent of Sunseri

Quote Originally Posted by justingroves View Post
    He and Dooley have the same record through 27 games. He may recruit better, but he has assistants worse than Dooley. DeBord is the offensive equivalent of Sunseri
    Dooley had at least enough sense to keep some of the coaches on, and his initial hires weren't bad. The Sunseri hire was one of the worst decisions ever.

Quote Originally Posted by warhammer View Post
    The Sunseri hire was one of the worst decisions ever.
    At least Dooley actually hired someone who was currently coaching football.

So done with Butch. Hoped he would prove otherwise last night but all he proved is he consistent and not to be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by utvol0427 View Post
    At least Dooley actually hired someone who was currently coaching football.
    That's debatable.

**** Dooley and **** Lyle and **** the horse they both rode in on.

Dick Huffman

Quote Originally Posted by kmf600 View Post
    **** Dooley and **** Lyle and **** the horse they both rode in on.
    ....**** Mobb Deep

Quote Originally Posted by warhammer View Post
    That's debatable.
    Dooley's first year staff wasn't bad.

i think Butch's record will at least hold around .500, Dooley's was going only 1 direction. Don't mistake me for supporting Butch tho
    Tennessee, sono solo con te, sempre per te, ma madonna, lo fai difficile qualche volta....

Dooley's first year staff wasn't bad.
    My comment was toward Sunseri alone. He did fairly well (excellent on the dooley scale) hiring and retaining coaches his first year.

It is so bad today that I'm watching a LifeTime movie with my wife! Kill me now!
    If there was not a GOD, there would be no reason to be an Atheist.

Cursed Ebola stricken zombies - this is Tennessee football.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious D View Post
    Where all my boy-e-ezz who always come on here and talk about how great Butch Jones is, and how almost any criticism is somehow invalid, misplaced, or that we're somehow lacking some sort of gnostic-like knowledge that you each possess, and which is alluded to somehow magically disprove the many reasons he's something other and better than exactly what I and many of others consistently accuse him of being - which is a charlatan who has been hired above his station.

He's a slightly shinier version of Derek F'ing Dooley.

Period.

One of you Illuminatti wannabes explain to me:

Why North didn't see the field until the second half.

Why McKenzie didn't see it until the second half, either.

Why we not only failed to go for it on 4th and goal from the 1/2 yard line - but why in the F we TOOK HURD OUT OF THE GAME IN THAT situation. Recall, they were reviewing that catch from Wolf, and we had a solid 5 minutes to get Hurd rested and back in the game, but didn't. HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN SUCH A STUPID-ASSED decision, and such a grotesquely negligent piece of coaching, as that?! And, while you're at it, explain to me how he was asked about this EXACT thing at his presser, not 20 minutes removed from blowing a 17 point lead in a 2OT loss...AND THE IDIOT SAID THAT HE'D DO THE EXACT SAME THING, AGAIN, GIVEN THE CHANCE TO DO IT OVER AGAIN. That's a truly special kind of stupidity, right there.

And speakkng of his post-game presser, the chicken-shit left after FIVE MINUTES, instead of being a grown-assed man and facing the music of the band that he himself directed. But, not before telling Tennessee fans to "let this feeling sting, so as to remember it" or some similar shit. Are you shitting me?

If you dullardly dipshits continue to support that coat-checker turned CEO, then you're an unmitigated moron, first of all, and second, you deserve all of the many miseries that such stupidity heaps upon your water-inflated heads.

He's a slightly better version of Derek F'ing Dooley - and so this is the bed that all of you fools who believed that being "better than Derek Dooley" was any sort of sensible criteria by which we should be hiring a coach. So lie down on a mattress you've stuffed with own stupidity, and snuggle up with a blanket of your bullshit.
    ^I love this guy^
    Shut up and coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldvol75 View Post
    It is so bad today that I'm watching a LifeTime movie with my wife! Kill me now!
    Days like today, I detox from football as well. Usually it's TCM or something like that. Today it's Hunger Games movies.

Quote Originally Posted by JT5 View Post
    I think he should have gone for it on 4th and goal, but that play didn't cost us or impact our O or boost Oklahoma. We continued to roll for another 20 minutes after that and tacked on 14 more unanswered. That was the wrong call, but that didn't cost us the game. The final 35 minutes, however...
    We agree on the call. We can disagree on what or how it cost us / the consequences of.

With that call, Jones' action essentially said, "I don't believe in you." It was the wrong message at absolutely the wrong time and it informed everyone he was playing not to lose. Blood in the water. Conversely, holding us to three instead of seven on the first drive that started w/ outstanding field position is / was a big win for OU's D.

While I agree, meh on the source.

The similarities are uncanny

3rd year under both, get in Top 25. Both with new coordinators. One a OC, the other a DC. Both identical records

Yo boy-eezz done took a hiatus, Tenny.They will be back after we beat West Carolina next week to ask why we start so many more threads after a loss than a win -as if the magnitude of the two games are even remotely comparable.

Does that Spartacus guy still post on VN? I remember how he tried to weasel out of his fanatical support of Dooley and act like he wasn't dead wrong the entire time. He then made very committal appraisal of Butch's greatness. It will be interesting to see if he tries to back away from that or eats his crow.

Quote Originally Posted by kptvol View Post
    Does that Spartacus guy still post on VN? I remember how he tried to weasel out of his fanatical support of Dooley and act like he wasn't dead wrong the entire time. He then made very committal appraisal of Butch's greatness. It will be interesting to see if he tries to back away from that or eats his crow.
    He does post on another board called thevolsunderground. I was surprised to see most of them as well were blaming Butch, I can't remember what "sparty" was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by kptvol View Post
    No he doesn't show up much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bostonvol View Post
    No he doesn't show up much anymore.
    He flies routes from Knoxville to Lexington three times a day.
    Fire them all.

What i saw last night was Stoops playing a well crafted game of chess. Jones was playing a game of checkers moving his piece back and forth like an idiot to avoid the king.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast