Page 2 of 220 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump is GOP Nominee

Quote Originally Posted by fl0at_ View Post
    I assume it will be Rubio.

The field needs to narrow down some. Drop even two or three small percentage candidates, and you can probably switch the lead that quickly.

I mean, at this point, I believe you're either for Trump or not. You either dig his message, or you don't.

And there is a lot more in common between many of the low percentage candidates than not, while also being way more difference between the lower percentage candidates and Trump.

So why if you have someone still running that is more similar to the candidate that you really like, but who dropped out, would you switch to the guy with less in common than the candidate you liked? You wouldn't.

So that, to me, means Trump isn't picking up a lot of the votes that are left out there when the field starts to narrow.
    Fair point, but the spread appears to be at 19 right now. Quite a gaping gash.
    Balls deeep... "I pretty much love all of the fast and furious movies."

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrangeBeech View Post
    Doesn't matter, Clinton will be the next president regardless of what happens on the GOP side.
    I said that 2 years ago, too. Haven't changed my mind yet. My only consolation is that at leaSt it won't be Bernie sanders.

I think in the end Rubio will get the GOP nod. But doesn't matter if trump goes 3rd party or not, Hilary will win.

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by kidbourbon View Post
    Rubio +130

Trump +320

On 5 dimes
    Last edited by droski; 12-10-2015 at 11:09 PM.

Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck
    fl0at_ Certified Teller of Truths fl0at_ Certified Teller of Truths

Status
    See Ignore List

Quote Originally Posted by kidbourbon View Post
    There is 68% of the points in the field for people not named Donald. And like Highlander--there can be only one.
    Do unto others before they do unto you

Just looking at the polls and the kinds of candidates that are popular, I think it'll be Cruz.

I assume it will be Rubio.

The field needs to narrow down some. Drop even two or three small percentage candidates, and you can probably switch the lead that quickly.

I mean, at this point, I believe you're either for Trump or not. You either dig his message, or you don't.

And there is a lot more in common between many of the low percentage candidates than not, while also being way more difference between the lower percentage candidates and Trump.

So why if you have someone still running that is more similar to the candidate that you really like, but who dropped out, would you switch to the guy with less in common than the candidate you liked? You wouldn't.

So that, to me, means Trump isn't picking up a lot of the votes that are left out there when the field starts to narrow.
    I referenced an article in another thread that said as much. Trump is no one's 2 or 3 option.

Rubio or Cruz will get some traction. And I'd still not entirely count jeb out yet just due to the power brokers.
    Cursed Ebola stricken zombies - this is Tennessee football.

There is 68% of the points in the field for people not named Donald. And like Highlander--there can be only one.
    But the sane candidates (Rubio, Bush, Kasich, Christie, Paul) are running at about 30% combined. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that someone I hate will be nominated.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Smith View Post
    But the sane candidates (Rubio, Bush, Kasich, Christie, Paul) are running at about 30% combined. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that someone I hate will be nominated.
    I prefer jeb, but I'm voting Rubio because he can win even despite the fact I think he might have an iq around 100

Odds are supportive. There is extremely little to like in the 2016 candidate pool. It's an American tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by gcbvol View Post
    Odds are supportive. There is extremely little to like in the 2016 candidate pool. It's an American tragedy.
    I don't hate the current pool. Better than the last few honestly. I just don't like the ones in the current pool who are doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by droski View Post
    I prefer jeb, but I'm voting Rubio because he can win even despite the fact I think he might have an iq around 100
    Yeah, I see Rubio as George W. 2.0. He is slightly more articulate.

Yeah, I see Rubio as George W. 2.0. He is slightly more articulate.
    Completely agree

I'm in this boat, the odds of someone even sort of palatable getting the nod seems low.

Just looking at the polls and the kinds of candidates that are popular, I think it'll be Cruz.
    Hence my nearly ten year defection from the Republican Party.
    "Almost all close games are lost by the losers, not won by the winners." - Gen Neyland

GOP needed to divorce the holy rollers a decade ago, taken the temporary hit, and they'd be on their feet by now. It's hard to see the party as a threat in a national election, unfortunately.

I hope its a Cruz/Carson ticket for the GOP. I think that would take the WH.

Can we just go 4 years WITHOUT a President and see how it works out? Sanders or Clinton would be just as much a disaster as Trump, Rubio or Carson, just for different reasons. It would be like having Butch Jones in the White House...

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Orange View Post
    Can we just go 4 years WITHOUT a President and see how it works out? Sanders or Clinton would be just as much a disaster as Trump, Rubio or Carson, just for different reasons. It would be like having Butch Jones in the White House...
    Butch would only have 1-2 years of actual presidenting (assumes he gets reelected) left after the initial 6-7 year process of rebuilding the office.
    It's not an excuse, it's an explanation.

The law is of supreme importance, or no importance.
    Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

Quote Originally Posted by gcbvol View Post
    And it is EXACTLY what Americans and their decades-long and inexcusably lazy slumber deserves.

Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Brant View Post
    GOP needed to divorce the holy rollers a decade ago, taken the temporary hit, and they'd be on their feet by now. It's hard to see the party as a threat in a national election, unfortunately.

I don't know if this is true, or not.

But the McCain and Romney campaigns seem to strongly suggest otherwise.

Status
    See Ignore List

Trump's going to win the GOP and then he's going to beat Hillary, maybe by double-digits.

So, get your orthodontic appointments lined up now, for the military-grade TMJ that the week long gnashing of teeth will cause to occur.

Lyle's lynch mob community organizer
    IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious D View Post
    Trump's going to win the GOP and then he's going to beat Hillary, maybe by double-digits.

So, get your orthodontic appointments lined up now, for the military-grade TMJ that the week long gnashing of teeth will cause to occur.
    Wanna make a wager on that? No way he wins by double digits. None.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac61 View Post
    I tried. I will continue to embarrass you in front of your friends.

Status
    See Ignore List

Quote Originally Posted by IP View Post
    Wanna make a wager on that? No way he wins by double digits. None.
    I'll bet you one American dollar.

Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck
    fl0at_ Certified Teller of Truths fl0at_ Certified Teller of Truths

Status
    See Ignore List

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious D View Post
    I'll bet you one American dollar.
    That's like $0.75 after IP reports it as income!
    Do unto others before they do unto you

Page 2 of 220 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast