Page 1 of 220 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump is GOP Nominee

Default Trump is GOP Nominee

Like really?

I'm not a politics guy and so I don't follow this stuff closely, but it certainly appears that his numbers are greater than those of his competitors.
    Balls deeep... "I pretty much love all of the fast and furious movies."

No. And I bet he runs as a third party.
    Do unto others before they do unto you

He's a red herring in this race
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Country Vol View Post
    What i saw last night was Stoops playing a well crafted game of chess. Jones was playing a game of checkers moving his piece back and forth like an idiot to avoid the king.
    9/13/15

He's about what we deserve

Quote Originally Posted by fl0at_ View Post
    Who will?

Quote Originally Posted by lylsmorr View Post
    He's a red herring in this race
    Do you know what red herring means?

Quote Originally Posted by kidbourbon View Post
    Do you know what red herring means?
    Upon googling, apparently not.

I thought it meant "distraction"
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Country Vol View Post
    What i saw last night was Stoops playing a well crafted game of chess. Jones was playing a game of checkers moving his piece back and forth like an idiot to avoid the king.
    9/13/15

He is distracting.... But he is pretty clueless....

It sort of does mean distraction. I prefer the term "chewbacca defense" in the legal setting.

What I'm getting at from before is that it seems like Trump is more than a mere distraction, or misleading sideshow.

Quote Originally Posted by kidbourbon View Post
    Who will?
    I assume it will be Rubio.

The field needs to narrow down some. Drop even two or three small percentage candidates, and you can probably switch the lead that quickly.

I mean, at this point, I believe you're either for Trump or not. You either dig his message, or you don't.

And there is a lot more in common between many of the low percentage candidates than not, while also being way more difference between the lower percentage candidates and Trump.

So why if you have someone still running that is more similar to the candidate that you really like, but who dropped out, would you switch to the guy with less in common than the candidate you liked? You wouldn't.

So that, to me, means Trump isn't picking up a lot of the votes that are left out there when the field starts to narrow.

Dick Huffman

Trump would win tonight in a landslide.

Doesn't matter, Clinton will be the next president regardless of what happens on the GOP side.

His whole candidacy seems to be a ludicrous false flag operation, but if he keeps hating on Mooslems he'll steal enough votes as a 3rd party to put Clinton in the WH easily.

Seems to me that's the plan here.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Brant View Post
    His whole candidacy seems to be a ludicrous false flag operation, but if he keeps hating on Mooslems he'll steal enough votes as a 3rd party to put Clinton in the WH easily.

Yep. If Trump goes third party I think we're looking at Cruz/Trump/Clinton. Good luck to us all in making that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Brant View Post

He's running a heel campaign and the hilljacks are eating it up.

Quote Originally Posted by gcbvol View Post
    Yep. If Trump goes third party I think we're looking at Cruz/Trump/Clinton. Good luck to us all in making that decision.
    We all lose in that situation

Lyle's lynch mob community organizer
    IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

I respect your honesty
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac61 View Post
    I tried. I will continue to embarrass you in front of your friends.

I assume it will be Rubio.

The field needs to narrow down some. Drop even two or three small percentage candidates, and you can probably switch the lead that quickly.

I mean, at this point, I believe you're either for Trump or not. You either dig his message, or you don't.

And there is a lot more in common between many of the low percentage candidates than not, while also being way more difference between the lower percentage candidates and Trump.

So why if you have someone still running that is more similar to the candidate that you really like, but who dropped out, would you switch to the guy with less in common than the candidate you liked? You wouldn't.

So that, to me, means Trump isn't picking up a lot of the votes that are left out there when the field starts to narrow.

I think this is very plausible and quite likely. The problem I see is that more than one or two dropping out before at least three primaries in seems unlikely. I also think it's likely that Cruz siphons off enough votes from the low percentage supporter pool to keep Rubio from gaining enough delegates.

That being said, I can't wrap my mind around Trump as the nominee. I just don't see it happening. Party politics is going to do him in one way or another. See Ron Paul's last run (not that they share much else in common).

GOP is already prepping for a contested convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Volst53 View Post
    He's running a heel campaign and the hilljacks are eating it up.
    Which is also the group he gives exactly zero ****s about doing anything for.

Quote Originally Posted by IP View Post
    I respect your honesty
    I remember using "erstwhile" incorrectly, thinking it meant distinguished or highly regarded .... Imagine my embarrassment when I found out what it really meant!!

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Orange View Post
    I remember using "erstwhile" incorrectly, thinking it meant distinguished or highly regarded .... Imagine my embarrassment when I found out what it really meant!!
    Kept calling your wife your erstwhile lover?
    Do unto others before they do unto you

Kept calling your wife your erstwhile lover?
    Ha! Close, but no.... I used the word a lot in high school and early college before a girl I was dating at the time handed me a dictionary when I referred to one of our professors as the erstwhile Dr. So and so (forgot the guy's name, honestly!)... It actually became a running joke between us after that. Until she became my erstwhile girlfriend!

I'd bet on Rubio too

Page 1 of 220 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast